Chapter 6

Barry's Pov

When Joe asked me about staying with Raven for a while, I had said yes. The Piped Piper was super smart and therefore if he is after Raven, she needs to be protected. I just felt the need to protect her. I didn't know why but there was something about her that just made me smile. 

I don't know if she knew it but we went to school together and I always saw her in the school hallways but I never really talked to her. Though there were times I wish I had. Like me, she wasn't really popular. She was on the cheer squad and was the best one there, and she was in track and field, where  she did running and Javelin. 

She was also pretty smart. And I know what you're thinking, if I know so much about her, then why didn't I date her? Well at the time, I had a crush on Iris. And now? Well I still like Iris, but now I am not sure. I think I am starting to have feelings for Raven.

I got there via a cab. I decided to get to Raven's apartment as normal as possible. I decided not to use my speed. Anyway, I got out of the cab and paid him. Then I walked into the building and I looked at the sticky note Joe had handed me. Raven's apartment was number 3. 

I slung my duffel bag over my shoulder and I walked down the hall. I knocked on her door and felt very nervous. I had no idea why but I did. Her door opened and she had her hair down and a loose t-shirt and pants. She smiled softly and I swear I was going to go crazy.

"Hey Barry. Come on in." She took a step back and opened the door more. 

"Thanks." Was all I could manage to say.

I walked in and she said "The spare bed room is this way, I figured it would be better than sleeping on the couch." 

I laughed lightly and said "Yeah."

What is it with me and one word answers?! Come on Barry, you can do better.

"This is a nice place." I said.

"Oh good one." My conscious said sarcastically. 

I ignored it and I and followed her into the spare room.

"Thank you." She said. 

I put my bag on the bed and she said "I'll let you get unpacked."

She went to the door and stopped at the door and said "Are you hungry?"

I looked up and I said "Yeah, a little bit."

She smiled and said "I'll order some pizza. That ok?"

I nodded and she continued out the door. My phone buzzed and I picked it up. 

"Hello?" I said.

"Hey Barry, it's Iris." The voice of Iris came through the phone.

"What's up?" I asked.

She paused and she said "You're at Rave's (Raven) place, right?"

"Yeah. Why?" I asked.

"Just don't treat her like a weak, innocent person. She'll prove you wrong. Trust me. And it will be painful." She said with a small laugh.

I laughed as well and I said "Yeah, ok. I got it." 

I hung up and I had just put my phone down when it buzzed again. I sighed in annoyance and picked it up. I looked at the screen and it had Cisco's number on it.

I sighed and I answered.

"Barry we have a problem." He said.

I frowned and said "What kind of problem?"

He was about to answer before I heard something smash. I looked out the door and had a bad feeling.

"Um. That didn't sound good." Cisco said.

"I'll call you later." I hung up before he could say anything.

I used normal human speed and ran out of the room and I saw Raven. She was breaking out some serious Martial Arts and she fighting against Snart or Captain Cold as Cisco calls him. He was blocking her pretty good but she was better and quicker.

Hold on a minute. I thought he was was in jail. 

I looked back up and I saw Raven spin and kicked him in the stomach. He grunted and she pressed her fingers to a part of his neck and he crumpled to the ground.

She blew her hair out of her face and looked at me.

"Yeah, I feel so protected." She said.

I frowned and kinda felt bad for not watching her.

She looked down at Snart and she said "He owes me a new table."

I looked and sure enough, the table in front of her couch was busted. 

I sighed and I said "I'm sorry."

She looked at me and she raised an eyebrow, urging me to continue.

"I should have been more alert. You could have gotten hurt." I said.

Oops! I think that make her sound like she isn't able to protect herself. I thought she was about to get upset. But she simply sighed, which surprised me.

"I know. Even someone like me, who has a way of protecting herself, can make a slip up and end up getting hurt." She said.

She looked to her door and walked over. She picked up a pizza box and she smiled.

"Why don't you call Joe and I'll get the Pizza ready." She said.

I nodded and picked up my phone and started to dial Joe's number. He picked up right away/

"Hey Barry. What's up?" He asked.

"Has escaped from prison..." I looked and I saw that he was now gone! ".....And now he is gone from the apartment." 

"What?!" A panicked voice came from the kitchen.

I flinched and I said "Can you look for him?"

"Yeah. Just make sure Raven's safe." Joe said.

"Yeah. Ok." I said. 

I hung up and walked into the kitchen. Raven stood at the counter and stared at me. She did not look happy. 

I sighed and I was about to say something when she held up her hand and stopped me.

"Don't even bother." She said.

"I know that what happened just now was not your fault. I also know that there will be times when you are unable to watch over me. So don't worry about it if there comes a time when you can't protect me." She finished.

I gave a nod and she smiled softly and said "Good. Now how 'bout that pizza?"

I smiled and said "Sounds like a plan."