Chapter 2

Barry's Pov

I had done it again and stayed late at the station. I was about to use my speed and zoom home but the phone rang.

I walked over and I picked up the phone.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hi. This is Raven Montgomery. Two men tried to hurt me. Or they were going to." A young female voice said.

I could tell she was trying to get my words right.

She let out a sigh and said "Look, can you send some cops over here?"

I laughed lightly and said "Sure thing. What's you're location?"

"I'm on the corner of 18th street, east." She said.

"They're on their way." I said.

I chuckled and said "It's a good thing I decided to stay late tonight. I was on my way out when you called."

"Thanks, I think?" She said.

"So who am I even talking to?" She asked.

I laughed softly again.

"My name is Barry Allen." I said.

She then said "Well thank you Barry. I guess I owe you one."

"No problem." I said.

She said good bye and hung up.

I called Joe and told him where Raven was and that she needed help.

"Ok, Eddie and I are on our way." He paused and said "You still at the station?"

I sighed and said "Yeah. But don't worry about me."

"I always do and always will Barry." Joe said with a chuckle.

I laughed and he hung up. And I sped back home.

Raven's Pov

I did get that ride, in case you're wondering. I thanked them and then I walked down the hall and opened the door to my apartment.

It wasn't anything fancy. But it was pretty nice. Or at least I thought it was. 

Iris and Joe visit from time to time

Iris and Joe visit from time to time. I visited them as well.

I took out my phone and sat down on my bed. There were three texts on it. They all were from Iris. I smiled to myself and I shook my head. I put my phone down and I walked to my wardrobe and I took out some pajamas. I changed into them and I went back to my bed. 

I slipped under the covers and I picked up my phone and opened up the texts.

Iris: Raven, Eddie and I are heading to the movies tonight. You wanna come with us?

Iris: Raven? You there? Are you ok?

Iris: Raven, you're scaring me. What is going on? Are you alright?

I sighed and knew I'd get an ear full tomorrow about this. But deciding not to leave her hanging, I decided to respond back to her.

Raven: Hey Iris, Sorry for the near heart attack. There is nothing to worry about. I stayed longer at work than I planned to. Everything is alright. I will come visit you at work.

I turned my phone off and I let my hair out of its high ponytail and let it fall down. I combed through it and let it settle into soft curls. I put my brush down and I laid down on the pillow. 

I closed my eyes and had pleasant dreams all night.

\\Morning\\

I woke up at around 9:00 am. I yawned and rubbed the sleepiness out of my eyes. I took the cover off of me and slipped my feet off the bed. I slipped them into my Darth Vader slippers and walked to my bathroom.

And yes people, I am a Star Wars fan. Not an overkill one, just your average kind of fan. I own a lot of Star Wars things but not an overkill amount.

Anyways, as I was saying, I walked into my bathroom and turned on my music. The theme song to the Mortal Kombat movie came on and I bobbed my head to the music as I brushed my teeth. I didn't own any makeup. I can't stand makeup. I don't even understand why a woman need makeup in order to be labeled as pretty or beautiful. 

I walked back to my bed and grabbed my comb from my nightstand. I always forget to leave it in bathroom. I combed my hair and decided to leave it down and not style it in any way.

I slipped on some jeans and a black tank top and a nice white jacket. I made my bed and went to the kitchen and grabbed a banana and ate that. 

I would have my muffin and hot chocolate at Jitters when I get there.  I slipped my apartment keys into my pocket and I grabbed my wallet and slipped them into my other pocket.  After locking my door, I slipped into the hall and called a taxi.

I stood outside and waited for the taxi. It came after about two minutes and I climbed on in. 

"Where to?" He asked.

I looked up and I said "Jitters Please."

He gave a nod and drove into traffic. I sat back in my seat and I watched the buildings past as we drove through Central City. We soon made it to Jitters and I paid the man. I gave him more than what I needed to but I shrugged and I told him to keep the change. 

I walked into Jitters and I right away felt a pair of eyes on me. I looked to the counter and I saw Iris staring at me. Her eyebrows down and a frown on her face. 

Yup. She's upset with me. BIG time.

I sighed and I sat down at a table. She brought over my usual muffin and hot chocolate and stared at me. I took a bite of my muffin.

"I know what you are thinking." I said.

She raised an eyebrow and her face expression told me to continue.

"I stayed longer than I planned to at work." I said simply.

She sighed and said "There are such things as clocks. They are on our phones, walls and computers."

"Do you know how small they are? On a laptop or computer, I mean. They are barley noticeable when you are responding to thousands of people's letters." I said with a smile.

She laughed lightly and said "Ok, good point. But what about your phone or clocks on a wall?"

I took a sip from my hot chocolate and took a bite of my muffin. I looked at her and I smiled. 

"First thing, Clocks on a wall aren't noticed like a computer or a laptops's clock. And second, My phone was on silent and in my pocket the entire time. I'm not suppose to have it on sound or vibrate while at work." I said.

I sat back in my seat and raised an eyebrow at her, urging her to say something back. But I could see that she had nothing to say back to that and I had won.

But I knew Iris. Give her a minute and she'll have another question to ask you.