VI. S&M

July 5, 1992San Francisco, California

July 5, 1992
San Francisco, California

Holding onto my brothers hand as tightly as I can, we are shielded by my two life savers. I have to love Mike & Ike. I don't have a choice at this point. They are two big brick walls and absolute sweet hearts. They take us to the wrap party being held in the busy bright lights of San Francisco. Filming finished yesterday with the final shots taking place in Oakland, the city across the Bay Bridge and home to many of my friends. Paparazzi is far less common up here but it doesn't mean I'm not bombarded with questions by strangers wanting to get into the party.

Lyric, where's the album?

How is filming going?

Is Tupac your boyfriend?

Hey, Lyric is that the real Mountains hat?

Much to my dismay, it actually it is.

My heart thumped as I ignored the questions. My sunglasses cover my the annoyed squint that lies behind my thick, darkly tinted sunglasses. I can't take it out on them, they have no idea what is going on.

Walking into the building, I ask my brother, "Are you ready to turn seventeen?" His birthday is next month and I'm counting down for him. Eddie's sixteenth was a real big shabang but I missed it as I was working. August 26th is around the corner and I'll be here this time.

"It's going to be the bomb!"

I giggle with my hand still locked with his. "It feels like you were only nine as little as two days ago. Remember when you were a little activist?"

"Yeah," laughs Eddie.

I shake my head as I reminisce on the days of our past. The music grows louder with every step we take into the club. "I remember when you were twelve, feels like it was yesterday..."

"I remember before Johnny was coming over and messing up my room!"

Baby Johnny isn't a baby anymore. Johnny fits right in with the rest of us these days. He is truly a Johnson child... For the most part, at least. I know at times Eddie envies him. Johnny gets the world we didn't have. Giselle, Dominic, and Tina co-parent in a perfect harmony. Meanwhile, Johnny purposely annoys and terrorizes Eddie. He wants to get underneath Eddie's skin as much as he can. 7-year-old Johnny is the ultimate problem child.

"Look there's Pac." Within seconds he approaches us. Warm smiles, bright eyes, and the perfect amount of rasp in his voice, Tupac makes his greeting known as a positive experience. "Hey!" I give him a quick hug and peck on the cheek.

Looking me up and down, Tupac smiles and says, "You look nice." The subtle licking of his lips sends me into overdrive. It's been a minute since I laid down a man and let him take a bite of my forbidden fruit. Young, insatiable, and a whole lot of fine, I know a good time when I see one. Nonetheless, I continue to play it by ear because I know what sex can do to a good connection when it isn't cared for correctly.