XL. Unfinished Business

September 9, 1993Chicago, Illinois

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

September 9, 1993
Chicago, Illinois

"So you started crying?" Alexis nearly screeches at the top of her lungs. She cannot believe what I'm saying to her right now.

I'm soaked in shame.

Sighing, I accept how horrible it sounds when I reflect on what happened. "Yeah, then I went to Barcelona and almost got down with the beige motherfucker." She gasps. "I know, I know," I whine. "Then, I got back to New York."

"And now you're back with DeVante?"

I knew it when I saw him.

The moment I saw DeVante, I wanted to be held by him because I knew that simple embrace would make all of the difference in how nervous I was. He doesn't judge me. I wanted to be reminded that he doesn't. Once reassured that he still saw me as a human rather than some drunken hot mess of a bitch, I spilled all I could. When I finished my word vomit, I apologized from the bottom of my heart. New standards were set in play and we agreed to get this train back on its track. Needless to say, I got my boyfriend back.

"You don't feel bad," asks Liyah.

I bounce Kyle in my arms, too excited to be reunited with my infant nephew. "Feel bad for what?" I ask, twirling on my heels to join them on the fuzzy rug in the center of the room. "What do I need to feel bad for?"

"Nelly, the way you treated my brother like dirt." Her choice to refer to him as her brother is a result of the name change. She refused to call him Chip, something I think sounds a lot better than her brother. "You made him think you wanted him then you went back to DeVante."

Alexis dramatically gasps at the top of her lungs. "You actually referred to him by his name without adding some type of demonic insult afterward?"

"Shut up," she scoffs at Alexis. Her attention is directed toward me. "You run off to him whenever DeVante makes you mad then you send mixed signals and get mad at his reactions."

Whenever?

A narrow squint of agitation takes over the smile holding Kyle originally put on my face. "What are you talking about? This is the first time I've been in a room alone with him since getting with De," I snarl. "And how convenient is this after your brother tried to dirty mack and convince me De was cheating on me?"

Alexis peacefully interjects. "Not to mention, He sends mixed signals all the time."

"How many times had he basically told Chanel he wanted to have sex with her then left?"

Gold (BOOK 3) || PRNрдЬрд╣рд╛рдБ рдХрд╣рд╛рдирд┐рдпрд╛рдБ рд░рд╣рддреА рд╣реИрдВред рдЕрднреА рдЦреЛрдЬреЗрдВ