I'm torn between thinking that's insane or actually kind of genius. Either way, I have a feeling he's not going to be in a good mood.

"He left the building? Why the hell did he do that?" Glenn asked.

"Why wouldn't he? He's out there alone as far as he knows. Doin what he's gotta do. Survivin." Daryl replied.

I frowned as I remembered Dakota who was anxiously waiting for his return back at camp. Merle wasn't alone, he had her.

I don't care if his feelings are hurt, I care about my sister. She deserves better than being treated as a side thing for a man who's not worthy of her.

"You call that survivin? Just wandering out on the streets close to passing out? What are his odds out there?" T-Dog asked.

"No worse than being handcuffed and left to rot by you sorry pricks." Daryl retorted.

He turned to Rick as I glanced at Glenn. We looked at each other not liking the tension. If Daryl decides to go rabid, Glenn and I aren't going to be of much use.

Maybe if I had a gun instead of a knife then I'd be able to take down Dixon. Though that hasn't stopped me from trying before.

"You couldn't kill him. Ain't so worried about some dead bastard." Daryl said.

"What about a thousand dead bastards? Different story?" Rick asked.

"Take a tally. Do what you want, I'm gonna go get him." Daryl said.

Him and a thousand dead people? Now that's something I'd like to see. We should definitely let him go do his own thing and watch it fail miserably from afar. We don't have movies anymore so this is the next best thing.

"Save me front row tickets for your death." I said.

"Daryl, wait." Rick said.

He stopped him and shot me a glare. I smiled sweetly before shrugging. He shook his head trying to brush off my lack of empathy. If he wants me to care for Dixon's life, he should give me a reason for it.

"Get your hands off me. You can't stop me." Daryl exclaimed.

"I don't blame you. He's family, I get that. I went through hell to find mine. I know exactly how you feel. He can't get far with that injury. We can help you check a few blocks around but only if we keep a level head." Rick explained.

"I can do that." Daryl agreed.

Rick turned to T-Dog as Daryl and I made eye contact. For once, there was no hostility in them only willingness to find his brother. Though it didn't last.

As soon as he realized that we were staring at each other, he scowled and looked at T-Dog. Well same to you, asshole.

"Only if we get those guns first. I'm not strolling the streets of Atlanta with just my good intentions." T-Dog retorted.

-----

"You're not doing this alone." Rick protested.

"Even I think it's a bad idea and I don't even like you much." Daryl said.

We all stood over a map discussing our next move. The search for Merle was put on pause considering we couldn't just shout his name in the streets. There were too many dead and even if we did find him, we'd all die in a matter of minutes.