Chapter Ten

Harry's POV - September 14th 2017 - One Month till the wedding

It was our first meeting with Kate our midwife today. Sez was excited and nervous as was I. This was an extremely big deal as we were charging someone to look after our little dot. We had done our research and Lou had recommended Kate as she had looked after Lou when she was pregnant with Lux.

The intercom buzzed and I ran to push the button to open the gates for Kate to drive in. Sez was in the kitchen making a pot of tea for us and arranging some cakes on a plate. She had gotten up at the crack of dawn to bake bless her. She wanted to make a good impression.

I could hear the tyres came to a halt on the tar seal so I made my way over to the door to let Kate in. "Harry" she replied warmly "lovely to meet you I'm Kate Anderson". I greeted her with a handshake. "Lovely to meet you Kate, please come in and make your self at home, I'll tell Sez you are here".

I made my way back into our kitchen. Staring at my girl with her tiny wee bump, my god she was beautiful. My little dot, growing inside her tummy, filled me with so much pride and love. "Angel, Kate's here, come and let's sit on the couch". Sez made her way into the sitting room and met Kate as she was about to sit down.  "Sarah, lovely to meet you".  "Lovely to meet you too Kate please have a seat".  We sat down on the comfy couches, my girl putting her feet up on my lap as they were particularly swollen today.

Kate was wonderful putting any fears we had aside.  She explained the whole process to us, what to expect in our up- coming scans, anti-natal classes, options for private and public care, pretty much everything. Kate was also a trained sonographer and had a portable ultra- sound machine with her.  We had already had an initial scan when Sez first found out she was pregnant.  We were now into our 8 week scan.  I was excited to see our little dot and how he or she was growing.  Sez was able to lie back on the sofa whilst Kate rubbed the gel on her tummy.  I held her hand as it made her jump with the coldness of it.  

It didn't take long for the picture of our wee dot to turn up

It didn't take long for the picture of our wee dot to turn up.  Kate pointed out the heart, head and wee fingers.  I was overcome with so much love for my Sez and could feel tears welling in my eyes.  "Look H, she said, our dot is growing so much".  "I know angel, beautiful, so beautiful".  "Every thing looks great guys". Kate was happy with the progress.  "Your little one is growing well, all the measurements are perfect".  I kissed my girl on the head, feeling like the luckiest guy in the world.  We had decided that we would wait until our 12 week scan to tell everyone about the news which would be round about the time of the Wedding.  

The only person that knew was Lou as we had asked her opinion on midwives.  She was so excited when I told her, giving me the hugest hug.  

So much had happened in my life in the last little while and I was so blessed to be sharing this with my girl.  She was my constant and my rock.  Some days I woke up and wondered what I had ever done without her.  It would have been amazing if she had been able to come on tour with the lads and I as I know she would have loved it.  The lads loved her so much and were always keen to tell me how lucky I was.  "She's just the coolest chick Haz" Ni had told me "You're a lucky bastard".  "I am Ni, love her so fucking much it hurts, she's my world and I can't imagine not having her in it now". Li and I had had several conversations about relationships. He was so happy with Cheryl, they were a great team and I could eventually see them getting married.  "You've got a good one there lad you make sure you treat her right". "I will Payno she's my light, my soulmate".