Alfred

(A/N) not really a "daddybats" oneshot. This one is more of a Alfred appreciation oneshot.

Alfred was gone. He had been gone for the past three days, leaving the caped crusader and his young son alone in their large mansion. This meant there was no one to nag Bruce about working to much or Richard about his habit of not eating breakfast. The only problem was that neither of them truly knew how to "adult." The white, normally shiny floor, was covered in several days worth of muddy boot prints from both boys. The tables were piled high with newspapers and other assorted pieces of... Well... Everything. The kitchen was the worst room in the house. The sink was overflowing with dirty dishes and half rotted food. Robins multicolored fruit loops were plastered to the side of the sink and Bruce's jelly smears stained the white countertops. This mess was exactly how Alfred found it when he returned late on the fourth night. The dynamic duo had left for patrol when the faithful butler returned. His eyebrows raised in alarm but not entirely in surprise. He walked purposefully through the house, careful not to tread on the mud streaked on the tile. He placed his overnight bag on the couch and surveyed the damage done to the house." Oh my boys." He whispered mainly to himself. He supposed, given the time he was gone, it was too bad. The house was still standing and that was a plus. The man didn't even want to see upstairs. That would be horrendous( Master Richard was very sensitive about people, even Master Bruce and himself, going through his things). Alfred decided that the dishes would be the best place to start but, just as he was beginning, a low rumbling could be heard as the father and son came home. Richard(still as robin) ran in first, no doubt having heard the water running." Alfred! I'm so glad your back!" Alfred raised the corners of his mouth ever so slightly but the dropped them immediately at the sight of the boy's face. It was dirty and a small gash was dripping blood from his forehead." For goodness sakes, Master Richard. Who did that to you?" He asked, still keeping his composure despite his worry." Oh, the boy said looking up, that. It's no big deal. I was pushed from behind and hit my head on a brick." The boy just shrugged and turned at the sound of his father coming up behind him." Alfred my friend! How was your trip?" Alfred raised his eyebrow again looking pointedly at robins Dick's head." It was good, master Bruce. At the moment though, I am a bit concerned with Master Richard... And the state of your kitchen." They all laughed." We missed you Alfred." And the group left the go deal with the aftermath of the boys' independence.