Sickness Part 2

Around two days after his phone call with Bruce, Alfred came home from his vacation with his friend. The man stepped out of the cab and approached the door. He was a bit early, but his friend had taken sick unexpectedly.He sighed as he took the doorknob in his hand and turned it. He was expecting Master Bruce to be at the computer and Master Richard to still be laid up in bed. When he walked through the door, however, he was met with no one. It was silent. Alfred was confused but as he started to walk up the stairs, voices became audible. He crept forwards slowly until he was just outside the door. Perhaps it wasn't right for him to be listening in on his Master's conversation but, oh well." No. Sit down Dick." Bruce said from inside the room. Alfred recognized that voice. It was the voice that Bruce used when he was really trying to keep calm." I don't need to sit down, Tatá! I am fine. I'm not sick anymore." The young boy answered." Yes you are, Richard. You are still pale as a ghost and I can see that you can barely stand on your own with out that wall's help." The young boy groaned out loud and Alfred could imagine that he was rolling his eyes." Tatá, I'm fine! Just let me patrol! I've been bored out of my mind!"" No. Despite what you say, you are still sick. You are not patrolling tonight and the is final!" There was a sigh of exhaustion and a loud flop of something hitting the bed. Alfred assumed it was Richard. Alfred figured that this was as good a time as any to reveal himself." Good afternoon, Master Bruce." The old man said softly, yet firmly. Bruce whipped around and the young boy who was sprawled dramatically on the bed, shot up." Alfred. I didn't expect you back until later, my friend!" The man nodded curtly." Yes, sir, I can see that." Bruce smiled awkwardly and shot a glance at his son." Alfred, the boy whined, please tell Tatá to let me patrol. I'm better and you both know that I'm going to sneak out the window later anyway." Bruce face-palmed. Master Richard, I am afraid that I cannot go against your father's wishes but I do not suggest sneaking out." The boy gave another aggravated sigh. The two men looked at him briefly and then left the room. The pair headed downstairs into the sitting room." Do you require tea?" Bruce looked up, slightly startled." No, Alfred. Thank you. I'm just a little tired." They say in silence for a couple minutes, just breathing the familiarity of everything. Bruce was the one who broke the silence." So... How was your trip?" The two old friends talked for hours and by the time they finished it was dark out. They didn't realize how much time they had lost track of." Well I better get ready to patrol...." Bruce drifted off. He glanced up the stairs and took off running. He paused outside of his son's door before trying the knob. Locked. A knot settled into the man's stomach. He leaned back and kicked the wooded door in. He knew what he would find as soon as the door swung in, but fear raced through his veins at the sight. Dick's window open and the curtains blowing in the Gotham wind." I didn't think he would do it.... He's gone, Alfred." Alfred looked at his friend, confused." I do not understand what the major problem is, Master Bruce. Master Richard has left the house on patrol with out permission before." Bruce turned to face the other man, his weary face was pained." There was something I didn't tell Dick. The real reason I didn't want him patrolling tonight...." The Dark knight struggled with a raspy breath.
"The Joker escaped."