Just Go to Sleep (Part 1)

(A/N)Warning: character death.
On that happy note, sorry for the slow updates. Stay awesome people.

The team was on a mission. They had to clear a gang out of an abandon warehouse so the League could use it as a halfway point for informants. It had all been going well, perfect even. The team was working well as a team, their opponents were dropping like flies, and no back-up signals had been sent to any of the gang's allies.The untrained members of the gang were hopelessly outmatched as most of them were unarmed. Most of them. One member was hiding behind a stack of crates like the coward he was. A small black pistol in his clammy hands. It looked like everyone was busy fighting someone else. Now was the time to pick them off one by one with out being noticed. He climbed out from behind his makeshift shield and leveled the barrel of the gun at a girl with green skin, at Megan, and fired.
--------------------Line Break-------------

Megan felt a strong force slam into her side and send her into a stack of boxes. When she struggled to her feet she looked to where she had been a moment before. Her eyes widened in horror and she couldn't withhold a cry. A gunman standing beside a stack of crates with a smoking gun and a body on the floor. The gunman had been wrong. He had been seen when he stepped out from his hiding place and that person had shoved Megan out of the way..... and taken the bullet. Megan surveyed the scene, and the body, in shock because there, on the floor, bleeding out..... was Robin.

----------------Line Break-----------------

Robin felt a weird combination of unimaginable pain and unnerving numbness as he hit the floor. The bullet went through his chest and ripped a hole in his right lung, but lodged itself in one of his ribs in his back. His mind was clouded so he only vaguely heard Megan scream through the mind link and the rest of his team's screams join in. He was barely aware that Artemis loosed an arrow at the guy that shot him, hitting its mark right between his eyes. Only when he felt shaking hands press forcefully on his wound however, did his head clear. Wally was on his knees with his hands on Robin's chest. Tears were running down his face and he was screaming for someone to call the League. Robin knew that they wouldn't get there in time. There was no way they could, but Batman would come right away,so the Boy Wonder did the only thing he knew to do. His last conscience action was activating his emergency bat signal.