Nightmares

Bruce Wayne sat at the super computer down at the bat cave. It was well after 3 a.m and Bruce felt like he was going to pass out on the spot. He had been trying to locate the joker after his escape from them the previous night. He thought about it, wondering where it went wrong. It had been quiet until the joker had ambushed them. The full moon shone down on the pair of caped crusaders and the crazed clown. It had been a very quick battle. To quick. Bruce didn't notice that right away though. It had been what the joker had said after the battle, that had slightly rattled him. Well, it rattled robin more. The jokers raspy voice swam through his head." Hey there Little bird. Have fun laughing while you can because eventually I'm gonna clip your wings and you're gonna fall just like mommy and daddy." Robin's hands had dropped to his sides and batman spared a glance at his partner and, in that time, the joker took off. The billionaire looked at the clock. Now it was 4:30 a.m. He pulled back from the desk and rubbed his eyes.' Better go check on Dick before I fall asleep.' He thought. His feet clamped up the stairs and as he passed his wards room, he heard whimpering and mumbling. Bruce opened the door as the whimpering grew louder. Dick was thrashing in his bed and crying silently. The mumbling was now decipherable. "Tata, Mama. Nu ma parasi!" (Dad, mom. Don't leave me) The boy yelled in Romanian. Bruce felt his heart break a little. He knew that the joker had rattled the young vigilante. The boys cries grew louder and he began to call for Bruce in his sleep. Bruce went to sit on the bed and tried to gently shake Dick awake." Bruce?" The boy asked, relieved to find his adopted father by him ." Coșmarul era oribil. Am văzut totul din nou." The nightmare was horrible. I saw it all again.) Bruce rapped his arms tightly around his ward. Usually he didn't show much emotion as batman and that included him unfathomable love for his son. "Băiatul meu, fiul meu. Știu că este greu, dar știu acest lucru, te iubesc." (My boy, my son. I know this is hard but know this, I love you.)Bruce looked into his sons eyes." You so know that, right? You know I love you." Dick looked at Bruce as they released their hold on each other." Și eu te iubesc tati." (I love you too dad)The young super hero yawned as batman stood up and began to walk out the room." Noapte buna, Tati." (Goodnight dad) The young boy whispered just barely loud enough to be heard. The dark knight smiled slightly to himself. Bruce closed the door and whispered back." Noapte buna,fiul meu."( Goodnight, my son.)