The Ball

(A/N) This story was requested by susutls . Here you go.

Dick had been bouncing off the walls for days. Bruce said that he was finally old enough to go to the party that Bruce's company was throwing! It was finally nine o' clock: party time! Dick looked at himself in the mirror. His black suit was sleekly pressed against his thin frame and a simple black tie was tucked neatly into the front. Dick moved his hair to the side and tried to flatten a few strands that stuck rebelliously from the top of his head. His bright blue eyes shone at him from the mirror. He wasn't used to seeing those eyes. "Dick! Hurry up, it's time to go!" Bruce yelled from downstairs." I'm coming tatá!" The young boys responded. He took off running and rounded the corner of the hallway and came to the stairs. Bruce stood at the bottom and waited for him, a big smile on his face. Dick couldn't wait and so, he jumped from the banister and took off running. The boy's father gave a cry of alarm but couldn't bring himself to stop the exited boy. Once they had gotten into the car, it took about five minutes to get to the gala. As the two walked into the building, cameras flashed around them. All of the reporters were trying to get the latest news on the billionaires son. The room itself stretched towards the sky and beautiful tapestries hung on all the walls. Women in beautiful gowns danced with men in  slim tuxedos. A giant ice sculpture of a swan sat in the middle of the dance floor. Clark Kent approached the pair and ruffled Dicks hair." Clark, would you mind watching Richard for me? I have to go talk to a CEO." Bruce asked his friend." No problem. Come on Richard." The two walked off towards the snack bar by the door. Bruce watched them silently go and then walked off to meet one of his coworkers. Clark and Dick talked for a while and ate little pieces of chocolate until a man began talking to Clark and asking him for help." Richard, I have to go and help Robert(made up the name). Just stay here and I'll be right back." Dick nodded, his mouth stuffed with sweets. He stopped eating for a minute and just stopped and looked around at all the people. Then, came the sound of shattering glass and gunshots. A hand grabbed his shoulder and pulled him back, and put the round barrel of a gun to his head." Look at what we have here. Little Bruce's little brat." Screaming filled the air but now, the only voice that Dick could hear was his dads." Richard! Richard! Where are you?!" Then, his eyes landed on his boy, in the hands of some no name thug." Bruce! So nice to see you! Now, unless you want your boy to end up like your parents, I want you to forward $20,000 to our bank account." Bruce carefully transferred the money and stood up straight." Now, you get your filthy hands off of my son before I rip them off your arms!" The man looked thoughtful." Nah. I think I'll hold onto him for awhile..." Bruce didn't let the man finish his sentence because, in that moment, he lunged at the man, wrestling the gun from his grasp. Clark grabbed Dick while Bruce beat the man. In the back of his mind, Bruce remembered his rule and released the man from his grip. The others had fled but nothing registered. The only thing Bruce knew was that he had to find his son." Tatá?" Bruce heard a voice say. He turned and saw his boy. They rushed towards each other. Bruce wrapped his arms around Richards thin frame. They were both crying." Shhhhhh. It's okay, Dick. I'm never letting you go again."