Bomb threat

(A/N)This was requested by raven-123

How did things always come to this? The day stared out simple enough, but it quickly turned around for the worst.
To say it had been a long week was an understatement. Dick had hardly slept in three days and he was exhausted. Bruce called for him in the bat cave. Dick dawned his cowl and costume and transformed into Robin. Once the two met up, batman described the situation." There where two call ins of bomb threats in the downtown area. One is near the city limit, heading into Star city. The other is somewhere is a warehouse by the dock." Robin interrupted at this point." Those two places are on opposite sides of the city! What if one of us gets into trouble?" Batman smiled ever so slightly." We will both be fine, my little bird." Robin nodded." Do we know who set the bombs?" The acrobat asked" I'm guessing the usual Joker scheme." Robin nodded again. "Okay. I'll take the one by the warehouse. Just make sure we maintain radio contact." The boy stated. Just like that, the two split off and went towards the opposite ends of the vast City of Night. Batman was the first to the scene. The bomb was a small black box with a giant red 'J' on the front. It was relatively easy to dismantle. That was what worried him. Why would the Joker of all people, set an easy bomb? A light turned on in his brain and he scrambled for his holowatch." Robin? How is it going?" Batman asked cautiously." I'm just getting.... Oh no." Robin muttered under his breath." Robin? What is it?!" The man was getting worried now." Batman. We have a problem.... It's a dirty bomb."(dirty bombs are bombs that, when detonated, can release a number of harmful toxins/poisons) Batman sucked in a sharp breath." Rob, I'm on my way."" No! You won't make it in time, and even if you do, I can't let you risk getting hurt." Batman started to respond until the beeping grew louder and stated '10'. Robin was working furiously to disable the black box. "Robin? Are you okay?" All the boy could do was shhhh his mentor." I'm on the last wire!" The acrobat exclaimed as the bomb echoed '3'. The boy snipped the wire but, instead of the cheerful sound of the mechanism dying, he was met with the spraying of greenish gas." Robin! No!" Batman cried out." Joker...gas...." Was all the boy managed to choke out before he started cackling. The sadistic laughing was paired with a deep sobbing. The bat mobile was going as fast as it could, the driver in a desperate frenzy to reach the most important person in his life." Robin! Use your antidote! Use it now! I'm only two blocks away!" Robin brought out, with trembling fingers, a syringe full of a think purple(guess) liquid. He managed to push the needle into his thin arm before hitting the ground. The sick laughing died down just as Batman's black clad figure swept into the room. Robin was on his back, breathing heavily. The man moved swiftly and swept his son into his arms." Robin? Son? Can you hear me?" Robin nodded weakly." Batman. Can we go h-home now?" The Dark Knight hugged his boy tighter." Of course, my son."