Sickness Part 3

(A/n) remember that Richard Grayson is the first Robin so Jason Todd has not been Robin yet.

The Boy Wonder jumped across the roof tops. After all that time in bed, the crisp Gotham air felt so wonderful on his skin. His cape whipped back and forth as he glided to the next roof. He had been out for about 2 hours. It had been quiet. So wonderfully quiet. That was when he heard a scream. A horrible scream full of pain and terror. The bird jumped down and felt his heart stop. The Joker stood over the broken body of a young woman, surrounded by a pool of blood. In the back of Robin's mind, he recognized that one of the man's arms was behind his back." Well, the Joker said smiling maniacally, I was hoping to catch a bat but I caught a bird instead. Hahahahahahahahahaha!" The man was dressed in his typical purple suit and a green tie but his front had been completely stained with red." Well, 'Uncle J', Robin said with mocking air quotes, I didn't know you left the luney house." The Joker laughed and pulled his thin arm from behind his back. Clasped in his white, bony hand was a rusty crowbar. The man threw out another laugh before taking a step forward and stepped unceremoniously over the dead woman's body. He switched the crowbar from hand to hand as he approached the little bird who, unfortunately for him, was backed against a wall. He readied himself for the defensive and decided that he would not be afraid of a psychotic clown. He lunged at the green haired killer and felt his small hands connect with the other man's collar. The Boy Wonder spun around just a split second too slow. The Joker had stumbled but regained his footing faster than Robin expected and once he faced the Joker again, he was met with three things: a horrible smile, a rusty crowbar hitting the side of his head, and inky blackness.
~~~~~~~Line break ~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bruce had dawned his cowl and suit in a matter of minutes. He was on constant radio contact with Alfred as he glided from the roof tops, fire escapes, and chimneys. He had been tracking his boy's utility belt for around five minutes. The beeping was so frequent that he knew he was close and then he heard laughing. The laugh wasn't happiness, it was cold and sick. Batman knew that laugh. He sped up and found himself on the top of a building, looking down at the Joker beating his son with a crowbar that flakes with rust. His every instinct was to jump down and save his bird, but Bruce saw the gun that gleamed in his suit pocket. The Dark Knight knew that if he exposed himself now, the Joker would just shoot Dick." Come on little bird. Sing for me!" A sickening crack rose up from the alleyway when the Joker once again smashed the bar into his captives ribs. Robin still refused to scream. The Joker turned away on a monologue that made no sense to a stable mind. This was Batman's chance. He jumped from the top of the building and landed on the violet clad shoulders of the Joker, not only throwing him to the ground but also wrestling the shining silver gun from the jokers pocket. The Dark Knight swung his fist at the insane, empty bag of marbles. His fist connected and the man beneath him crumpled. Once the Joker was taken care of, he ran to his son. The boy was barely conscience and his breathing was very labored. "Alfred, Bruce said into his com, I found him. He's hurt really bad but he's alive." A large sigh of relief came from the other end. I have to take him to the Watch Tower. I'll call you as soon as he's stable." The old man's voice was so sad as he could only agree. Commissioner Gordan was called for the Joker but Bruce wasn't there when he got there. The commissioner was confused but his sunk a little when he saw the sheer amount of blood. He stared into the open sky until he heard one of his men whistling for him. They got in the car with sirens wailing and drove away.
~~~~~~~~~~Line Break~~~~~~~~~
Most of the members of the Justice League were in the common room when a Zeta tube announced the arrival of Batman and Robin. The members who were there(Superman, Flash, Wonderwoman,and Green Arrow) were confused about why:1, Batman would be in the tower unannounced and 2, why he would be bringing Robin with him. Then the group saw the blood. Robin was limp in Batman's arms. Blood dripped onto the white floors as Batman practically ran to the infirmary without a passing glance to the others. They ran to the infirmary but were met with Batman's back while his hands worked in a frenzy." Barry, get over here now. Hold him down. I have to pop his back back into place. The pain will wake him up and he'll thrash too much." Barry was over in a fraction of a second. He placed shaking hands on his best friend's son's shoulders. The Batman placed gentle but firm hands on the boys back and pushed. Richard jerked awake with a scream and didn't stop for a while.