"How are you holding up?" He asks quietly. I sigh and shrug. "It'll get better Brendon. You hardly knew him anyway."

Easy for you to say.

-

"I'm honestly surprised that you called me so soon." Jon laughs, as he walks into my apartment. "You don't seem like the type to smoke a lot."

I sit down on the couch and Jon sits next to me, leaving some space, but still a little close.

"Yeah," I said with a nervous laugh. "I smoked it all with Josh and Tyler. Well, mostly Josh. Only Josh actually, because Tyler does-"

"Doesn't smoke, I know. Don't even know why he helps people get shit from me all the time, to be honest." 

"How come?" I ask curiously.

"Eh, just 'cause he doesn't smoke. Kind of doesn't make sense that he'd call me. But I'm not complaining, I make money from it." 

I nod and nervously look down at my hands.

"So, um. I have fifty dollars that I can spend, so what would that get me?" Jon opens his mouth, but then closes it like he's trying to think of something to say.

"Half an ounce." He says. "I don't fuck people over. This guy I know sells an eighth for forty bucks. That's a rip off." 

"I don't know how much weed is supposed to cost," I tell him. "I've never smoked before the day Tyler called you for me." 

Jon's eyes go wide and he grins.

"What? That was your first time?" I nod and he starts to laugh some. "I'll throw in an extra bud. But you gotta smoke with me." 

"Okay, sure." I smile back at him and go into my bedroom to get my stuff.

When I come back out, Jon is sitting comfortably on the couch, phone in hand and he's got his arm resting on the back of the couch. 

I sit down next to him, but a little further away this time. When I set my stuff on the table, Jon leans forward and grabs my elephant pipe off of the tray that Josh bought be a few days ago because a true stoner needs the right equipment.

"This is awesome." He says in awe, staring at the pipe and rotating it, looking at it all over the place.

I take the top off of the grinder that Josh let me borrow and the Jon tosses a bag of weed onto the table. I take it in my hands and open it, taking out a bud and breaking it up into small pieces into the grinder. Once I get it all ground up and into the pipe, Jon reaches over, barely touching my hand.

"Mind if I light it?" He asks.

"Go ahead." He takes the pipe and lights it up, taking huge hits and inhaling.

When he pulls the pipe away from his lips, he hands it to me and exhales a cloud of smoke that was a hell of a lot bigger and cloudier than anything Josh has ever done.

I was amazed.

-

Jon is pretty cool. He likes a lot of things that I like and he's really easy to talk to, even though he looks a bit intimidating.

 He likes a lot of things that I like and he's really easy to talk to, even though he looks a bit intimidating