18

Ariana's POV

As the woman spoke up, I could felt Jason's hand on my thigh tightened up. I looked at him and he clenched his jaw and I could hear his breath hard. 

I've decided to divert my attention to people in the room. There were people that look scary but some look normal like Jason himself. 

What is this place? 

"Here's the contract, Mam." Mark snapped me out of my thought when he came and placed a file on the table in front of me.

"Jason, what?" I asked Jason quietly.

"According to the contract, Mr. McCann will be getting half of the remaining profit of the businesses once he settled down which has been done. Mrs. McCann, please show the ring to the rest of people in here." Spoke a guy in a suit. 

Everyone's eyes were onto me and I was nervous as a wreck. Both of my hands were on my lap holding Jason's hand tightly. 

"It's okay." Jason whispered in my eyes. With that, I place my left hand on the table showing the big diamond to other people in the room. 

"How do we know if it is real?" The previous woman who spoke up looked at my ring finger before making eye contact at me. If looks could kill, I would be practically dead right now. She is a gorgeous woman. Looks sotisphicated yet very flirty. 

"Damn it, Lorena!" Jason snapped. 

"Why are you so mad Jason? I want to hear from the girl herself, does she really love you or is she your another one night stand?" Lorena replied. 

I looked at Jason but he didn't show any emotions and avoid my eye contact. Just now I realized that his hand no longer on my lap but he gripped the armchair so tight that his knuckles turned white. 

"He gave me this ring as a symbol that our relationship is real. What more you want to know about us?" I spoke up with courage. 

"I don't know maybe tell me when you guys are getting married?" A guy spoke. I barely didn't notice his presence there but he sat there beside Lorena and gave me the looks that I could not even understand myself. 

"Soon." I replied. 

"We need a precise answer, Ariana." Wow. No Mrs. McCann anymore? 

I looked at Jason once more practically begging for his help. I don't want to get married so soon, I'm not ready especially with a guy that kidnapped me. I need time. My breath was ragged as I picture myself without freedom getting married to a guy that I  barely know. 

"See, Jason. She doesn't want to marry you. The deal is off and -" 

"Next month." I spoke up cutting off her words. 

Everyone in the room looked at me. Shocked was written on their face. Silence filled the room.

Including Jason. 

"Next month, but we haven't picked any date yet." I continued.

"I-If that's the case then please put down your signature at the bottom of the contract." The previous guy said almost stuttered with his own words. 

I took the silver pen and signed the contract before Mark took the contract file. I could sense Lorena eyes on to me. 

Jason's POV

I could not believe she said that. Once the meeting was dismissed, I took her hand and dragged her to the car outside. 

"Mark, take another car." I took the car key from his hand and opened the passenger door before getting her in. Ariana's eyes looked at me with confusion and I could sense her body tensed up. 

"Jason, where are we going?" She asked. 

I kept quiet, ignoring her question that I know will come up. 

"Is this about just now?" 

"Did I do anything wrong?" 

I pressed the gas pedal and going past the speed limit. 

"Are you not happy?" 

I pressed the brake pedal hard after realizing that the traffic light turned red. 

"Tell me Ariana, was it real or you just want to help me?" I asked her without turned to her. 

"I-I don't k-know." She stuttered.

"How come you don't know? You are the one that said it. I want your heart. I don't want to force you into marriage like a sick psychopath." {this guy, is he for real?}

He snapped at me. 

"Jason you brought me into this mess and I helped you. Why are you acting like this?"  I asked with tears in my eyes. I won't let them fall. 

"Because you frustrate me Ariana!" He yelled at me. "This was all a mistake! You supposed to be my ..." He stopped in the mid of his sentence.

"Finish that sentence, I dare you!" I said this time I failed at holding back the tears. I took a deep breath and wiped away my tears streaked cheek. 

"Just take me home, please." I whispered before turning myself to the window giving my back to him. 

He said nothing and drove away at the appropriate speed this time.