• 15

Jason's POV

After what happened last night, I've turned myself into someone I don't know. Someone different. I couldn't stop smiling when I think about it. 

It's already the next day, I ran down the stairs and made my way to kitchen. Two of my maid busy themselves doing chores and getting ready for breakfast. 

"Maid, leave." Both of them immediately stopped and put down their things then leave the kitchen. I decided to made us our own breakfast. 

I took out the pan and other stuff for the preparation. 

RING RING

I divert my attention towards the kitchen phone that hung on the wall. One of my guard came in and answered it. 

It better not be someone important cause I don't want anyone to interrupt my morning. "Sir." My guard approached me. "It's Lorena." He held out the phone for me. 

Damnit this woman! 

I took it and answered, "Make it quick." 

"Jason, I have a meet up coming this weekend. We have a small gathering between our close friends. Hope you will come and bring your date along." She speaks up. Although I couldn't see her but she sounds bitter. 

"Sure, I'll see if we can make it there."

There was a small silent between at that moment after I said that.

"Alright, see you there." With that she hung up. Immediately I hung up too and continue what I was doing. 

Ariana's POV

The smell of pancakes and bacon hit my nose which disturbed me from my sleep. Not that I'm complaining but it has been a long time since I had such a peaceful sleep like last night for the odd reason. 

I woke up and took a shower. After done, I walked down the stairs and I came to see ... Jason? 

I leaned my head on the doorway of the kitchen silently while watching his face full of concentration cutting some vegetables

I really enjoy this side of him, no harsh or violence at all. Just sweet and caring. 

"Hey, done checking me out?" I jumped a bit which snapped me from my trance. 

"Hey, good morning." I walked towards him and hugged him from behind. "Thanks for cooking us breakfast." I said while kissed his clothed back.

"I've already cooked the pancake and some bacon for you. I'm just cutting up some veggies for salad." He told me. 

After he was done, both of us sit together at the island and ate. While we were eating in silent, Jason that sat beside me grabbed my left hand gently and kissed it. I gave him a toothless smile and he gave me back.

Then he slide a huge ring on my finger. "What is this?" I asked.

"Nothing, just something to make it official." He replied. 

"I don't get it." 

"Ariana, you know that I love you right?" 

I chuckled slightly. "Of course." 

"Marry me please?" 

"Jason. I-I .. - " He cut me off.

"Please? I have a deal that requires me to get married before I make the deal works. But I promise, this is not about the deal but this is because I really do love you." He explained.

Tears stung my eyes. Overwhelmed by all of this.

"I'm sorry, I cant." I whispered.

Jason tried to contained his anger. He slapped his hand on the tabletop made me jumped. "Fuck, Ariana! Make it work for me once!" He yelled in my face. 

I stunned myself. Maybe I was wrong about him. 

I took my hand from his and got off the stool trying to get away but before I could, he grabbed my elbow.

I could feel myself completely losing my own balance before something hard hit my head. 

THUD

"A-Ari?"

It hurts so much that I could not see anything but darkness.