Twenty Five

Innocence

The truth runs wild, just like innocent children on the park. It is like a single drop of innocence and yet a rain full of colors. Without changing a part of yourself will the truth be conquered? How can truth be told without changing anything, if there is one thing Draco regret the most it must've been how ungrateful he was of how untruthful he was to himself.

wake up,

He mentally cursed himself, as he sat up from his bed. It was past midnight, and his  insomnia kicking again. He started being like this the moment he was a death eater. He was unsteady, emotionally and mentally. As he ran the fingers through his blond hair. He frustratedly tug at it's tips. He gave out a loud sigh, he ran his hand to cover his mouth, thoughts drowning him. Being emotionally confused was the least thing he wanted this time.

Draco

"mother?" he asked nobody, he was alone in his room, but he felt he wasn't. He was sure he heard his mother.
He turned his head, watching everything in his room.

Maybe he was half asleep, half awake, anyhow he didn't stop himself from standing up from his position, and slip in his slippers. He stood, brushing his hair with his hands. He abruptly walked out of his room, and slip away from the common room. He closed the door behind him slowly, and clasped his hands together as he continues to walk. The wind was cold and the environment was misty, yet the corridors had arches that showed how the sky lit up because of the stars.

He devoured the moment of bliss. Being alone, in peace, trying to clear things up, but at that moment he cared less of his problems. He was reminiscing though, the nostalgic and authentic past, was like a figment of stained flashcards showing trailers of what seemed like an 60's movie.

He smiled to himself as he remembered his first encounter with Harry. He was indeed the bully. Bad, slick, and sly, he was dashing yet annoying and arrogant. Then he remembered the time when he heard Ronald's rat was actually Peter, he couldn't believe it then, but magic is really magical, don't question it.

"Remembering something?" Luna asked, crossing her arms across her chest.
Draco rurned to look at her, surprised to even see her in this time in the morning.

"I couldn't sleep," he blankly said, He was silent for moments before Luna walked forward towards him.
Draco stood stoic eyeing Luna, as she approached him with a calm demeanor.

"I was dreaming awake," she whispered to him, "I know you don't know how that works, but I was--"

"I understand," Draco interrupted. He really liked Luna, and He knew the feelings mutual, but he was unsure and scared, because being with him was not like a fantasy dream come true.

He smiled at her, not truly understating how she liked him in his condition, when many regected him, when people would rather close their doors than listen to him. He was amazed of how Luna saw the good in him, and how she tries her best to understand him, despite of his uncertainty.

He smiled at how innocent she was, and yet how wise she could be. She maybe eccentric and unique, but that was something special about her. She was like the only kite flying in a storm, still soaring despite of the loud thunders and frightening lightening.

Draco impulsively then took Luna's hand in his hand. Luna looked down at their interlocked fingers, slightly confused of his actions.

"Don't look down," Draco said quietly. He wanted Luna to face him. He wanted to tell Luna how he really felt, knowing that this was the only thing that he knew that was sure of.

Luna look up and met his eyes. They have never been this close, and they never faced each other. Two hearts beating, each with different rhythms.

Draco carelessly pulled her closer to his chest. And that was it. It felt like a tidal wave of emotions. He felt peace, and loved. He felt his heart beat in sync with hers, and He closed his eyes calmly. This was the moment wherein everyone knew it wouldn't last. The world moves, and so does time, and so did people.

"Thank you," Draco whispered, meaning to heartily.

"For what?" Luna asked, softly.

"I never meant to break your heart, but you still conquered it. You understood me, even when I was unstable, when I was confused. When I was unsteady, you planted me. I ... I don't understand why you stood for me, but..."

"but what?"

"There's something you should know," Draco thinned his lips anxiously.

"What is that?" Luna asked.

It took a few moments of inquiry and silent curiosity for Luna, until Draco spoke.

"I adore you," He said. The words slip yet he didn't regret it. He let it be, and he was afraid doing so, yet he felt brave.

Luna gazes upon him and searched his eyes for any hint of mischief or lies. There was none of those things. She saw something that she never saw in his eyes,

Truth

"It's alright with me if you don't feel the same way too-"

"You doubt so much," Luna said softly, slowly taking Draco's hand, "I do too."

A small smile crept unto Draco's face, and Luna did the same.

"And I feel the same way for you, Draco," she said.

awieeee!! I wanted them to kisss! but oh well, where's the fun in that? ahahah anyway!! I really loved writing this chapter because it revealed feelings, and love! Gosh can you see my smile? I guess you can't, but literally I felt butterflies when I wrote this chapter, gosh what a thing!

hope you like the chapter!!