Chapter Nine

Draco wake up and was greeted by the lovely morning breeze. He rubbed his eyes and stood up, stretching. He yawned before opening his room's door, and marching downstairs.

When was on the landing he could hear complains and whining from upstairs.

He looked up and saw Ginny waking everyone up. She yelled on the corridors, saying, "Wake up! Wake up!"

Ginny stop and noticed Draco,
"Oh, morning, Draco." And then proceeded waking up everybody's beauty sleep.

"STOP THE BLOODY ALARM, WOULD YOU GINEVRA?!" Ron's voice echoed throughout the house.

Ginny didn't found this alarming at all. She continued opening everyone's doors and singing a wake up song.

Draco shook his head and continued his way down stairs, where he saw Neville.

"Morning," Neville chimed.

"Morning, Neville." Draco greeted, getting himself water to drink.

Neville stood and walked towards Draco, bringing a book.

"Hey, Draco, I want you to see something." He said placing the book on the kitchen table.

Draco drank his drink and abruptly turned to Neville.

"What's that?" Draco asked.

"Have a seat and open it." Neville said, and Draco did what he said and took a seat.

He look up to Neville, who was standing and said, "Is this for me?"

"I don't know, just open it, before Luna comes, it's a surprise that I'll give." Neville said.

Draco turned his focus to the book and rubbed his finger along the leather binding. He opened the cover and turned to page one. There he saw pictures of Luna, Harry, Ginny, Ron, Hermione, Neville, Dean, Seamus and what he suspected were the whole Dumbledore's Army, waving at camera, smiling from ear to ear.

"It's been 9 years since Harry, Ron, and Hermione came up with the army. I was fifteen, so young to even understand what a patronus was. I had difficulties with that spell, so was Hermione, though, and all dozens of people, but Luna. She did the spell as if it was daily said by her. She did the spell like a master of happiness. I never thought a person would be that clever to think of something happy when that person's all but lonely." Neville stated.

Draco listened to him as Neville sunk down to the conversation.

"Luna was different. She was always was. That's why people tend to hate her, because she never hates. She's always forgiving and helping. People mock her around because people don't know what is it to be like her. She cries, she mourns, she's human. I know that I shouldn't be saying thus to you but to her, but I don't know what could I give her than friendship. I have a school to run and girlfriend to love, but I also have this care for Luna and I don't want her to be alone especially now that Rolf had cheated on her." Neville said.

Draco looked at him for a second before nodding, "I won't leave her." He said.

Neville looked around before turning to him. "You're smart, Draco, but sometimes you're arrogant. Tell me, why should I trust you with Luna?"

Draco furrowed his eyebrows, he didn't like the sound of this conversation and where it was heading.

"Do you like Luna?" Draco asked.

Suddenly, Neville looked taken about. He grabbed the book from the table and glared at Draco. Neville never glares, but this time he did and he meant it.

"It's none of your business." Neville sneered.

"You're a coward. You like Luna but you're afraid, but you love Hannah at the same time. Tell me Neville why should I trust you with Luna?" Draco asked.