"Bitch, I tried to be nice to you. But since you don't wanna be nice, I won't be either. And I'll wait til your back heals. You know what happened the last time we fought?"

Roni laughed loudly. "Of course I know what happened last time. I beat yo ass bitch! Did you forget? Anyways, I'm a grown ass woman. I don't have time for this. Have a goodnight," she said before ending the call.

"Oh my bad. Did you have anything to say to her?" Roni asked.

"Nah, I'm good. Then again, I don't think you should go and fight that girl. You're still pregnant and the baybeh could get hurt. Just forget about allat. She gon get hers."

"If you say so. So, your mom's flight lands tomorrow morning?"

"Yep. She bouta raise hell. That's why I said Asia gon get hers. My momma don't like her already." As soon as my mom found out about the stuff that went down, she took the first flight back down here. We didn't tell her until this morning. She had took a trip to Canada ta see my granny. I wasn't goin' ta tell her but she would figure it out since it's on the news.

My father, on the other hand, was ready to start a riot too. They both hated the fact that I almost died. I don't blame them.

"I know she will. I'm about to call the kids, I miss them," Roni said.
***********

Devronica

I grabbed the phone and dialed my mom's number

I grabbed the phone and dialed my mom's number. The kids were staying with my parents since we needed some time to heal and couldn't be running behind the girls.

After a few rings, she finally answered. "Hey baby girl," she said.

"Hey ma. How are y'all and the kids holding up?"

"We're good. All of them are in bed. I made sure to put them to sleep before the cops came to the house with all this bad news."

I raised a brow and looked at August. "What bad news?"

"They said there was a third person who was with Jose and Angel. The cops don't think Jose or Angel shot you. They found another gun but can't figure out who the prints belong to."

My heart sank into my stomach. I didn't know anybody else that had something against me. I didn't even know that Angel had something against me.

"Well momma why are you just now telling em this? Why didn't the cops come here?"

August looked at me with a worried face.

"I told them not to bother you. You're stressed enough. They also didn't want to come to your house in case someone would be following them. You said neither Angel or Jose know where you live, right?"

"Yeah, but the third person might."

"Don't worry about it right now baby. I'll call you right back. I love you," she said before ending the call.

I sat the phone down and looked at August. "What's goin' on?" he asked.

"There was a third person that tried to kill me. They don't know who it is yet."

He ran his hand over his face and shook his head. "This shit don't end man. Listen baybeh, I got this all on lock. Don't even worry about it."

"August I don't know about this. This person knows me. If they didn't, they wouldn't have tried to kill me. They could know where we live."

"Roni, please calm down. You don't need ta be workin' ya self up about this. You just got out the hospital, I kno' you ain't tryin' ta go back."

"But I'm scared."

"Like I said, lemme handle this," he said, kissing my lips.

I just hoped that everything would be alright.
***********************

Well you guys, there's only two more chapters left. Then the book is over.

I'm trying to see if I should do maybe 1 or 2 bonus chapters.

Excuse mistakes and typos

Yours Truly,
Princess Nesh👑