Robin didn't move. If Aqualad was panicked before, he was terrified now.

He still wasn't breathing.

'Robin!'He shouted with all his strength then collapsed.

He finally got a reaction, but not one from his friend.

The energy in the room pulsed aggressively, he could see it now. Streaks of blue flickered angrily across the room, it resembled. . 

Lightning!

Kaldur's eyes widened as a stray bolt headed straight for him. The last thing he saw and felt was a flash of light and burning agonizing pain.

××

Dinah stared in horror at Kaldur in her hands, smoke wafting off his seared skin.

What is happening?

The heroine turned to the speedster who was clutching the trembling Martian to his chest.

'Wally, take Aqualad to the Medic.'

'But—' The ginger stared wide eyed at his leader, taking his gaze off M'gann for the first time since she collapsed.

'Okay,' He nodded, swallowing the bile rising in his throat as he laid the girl in his arms gently on the floor.

Raising Kaldur's hand and wrapping his arm around his waist, KidFlash tried to be as careful as possible but that didn't stop the Atlantain from screaming in pain.

××

Wally felt sick as he sped to the Med Bay. Kaldur was still unconscious.

At least he stopped screaming. He thought to himself, almost crashing into an hallway.

The speedster didn't understand. What happened in Robin's room? Why did Kaldur look like someone attempted to fry him alive?

Wally didn't want to think about what condition Robin was in, but he found his thoughts going in that direction regardless.

The more he thought about it, the worse he felt.

××

'What happened here?'

To say Batman was pissed was an understatement. The moment Canary called when Artemis went to get her, he had rushed to the Cave immediately.

He arrived as soon a Wally left.

Conner looked up at the older heroes tiredly, leaning on a wall, M'gann's head resting on his lap.

He didn't say anything, stroking his girlfriend hair.

'Ro...Robin is inside—, Artemis said, her eyes nervously flitting around, '-his room, he's. .  '

Batman strode towards her and she flinched, backing away in fear.

Superman blocked his path with a stern expression.

Bruce looked up in anger. 'Move!'

'Artemis.' Oliver asked a silent question, his hand on his protégé's shoulder as he threw her a reassuring smile.

'I'm fine,' she said weakly, her smile halfhearted.

Clark's face changed as he listened into Robin's room, before anyone could stop him, he charged into the room.

'Superman!' Dinah's eyes dilated as The Man of Steel crashed into the wall on the opposite the hallway, bleeding from the large gash that started from the his left shoulder and ended on his right hip.