FFTP Chapter: 41

Fallen For The Prey

I specially dedicate this chapter to @mythofvampire for the encouragement and support. 

Chapter: 42 will be posted on NOV 1st.

Re-Cap:

The happy and the sad memories of its owner and me danced in front of me like a movie. I wore it around my neck and pressed the cold locket tightly until the memories disappear from my mind but it only pierced my palm and left the bloody wound just like its owner. Suddenly, a sound distracted my thought and the next second an unfamiliar hand lifted off the floor by my neck and my back forcefully slapped against the wall.

"Wow...You smell good, sexy!!!" A tall, blond man with a deadly grin said smacking his lips and I froze in horror.

************************

"Don't be afraid, darling...! I just stopped here for the dinner..." He said taking my right hand and inhaled the bloodstained palm. "Unless, of course... I can stay back if you want something more for tonight...!" He added tracing his long-nailed index figure on my lower lips and broke into a flirty smile. Suddenly, he jerked away as if something burned his hand and took few steps back as his smile vanish from his face. It took me few seconds to realize what happened... A tangy metallic liquid spread across my lips where my fangs poked it...! My inner monster was out...! But it was not fierce but very weak and tired.

"Are you a vampire? S**t! Which coven are you from? Show me your mark?" His smiley flirty tone now replaced with irritation and annoyance. Coven?? Mark?? What the hell he was talking about?

"What is Coven? What mark?"

"Arghh...Don't waste my time, girl." He snapped and then his expression changed. "Wait... When did you turn?"

"Few... A few days ago," As I answered, his eyes widened in shock for a moment and then he chuckled.

"Few miles from here...We found that some humans were disappeared...Mystically." He paused for reading my face.

"The council assumed it was the work of the newly turned... Young... Blood-lusting... Vampire group! So, under the name of the Shadow council and the court, the senators issued a spot execution for the vampires who were found without the mark!" He cheered sitting on my bed. Even though I didn't understand anything he said, the five words rand clearly on my ears, 'Execution and without the mark!' which means... he was going to kill me, the unmarked one. However, oddly I was not afraid. The scent of the freshly bloomed garden that filled the air somehow calmed my nerves.

"What a shame to kill you! Huh... But let me remained you that my offer is still valid, only tonight!" He smirked and I averted my gaze in disgust.

"Such a waste for the beautiful girl! That's fine, sweetheart." He stood from the bed cracking his knuckles and the sharp nails grew longer than already it is. "As a gift for your ravishing eyes, I promise... It won't hurt...!"

"But, I promise... It will hurt!" Davien said jumping in from the window. In the next second, he pinned the blond man on the floor by his neck and he groaned in pain.

"See, I told you it will hurt," Davien whispered with a sly smile.

"Eve, don't worry. We were in the downstairs." Violet said seeing my expression. "We have waited to know who he is and why he came here. We thought it was your kidnapper but turned out otherwise..." She said flashing a worried look on the blond man. I jerked when Casper landed from the window with a loud crash, knocking my nightstand down. Then I have noticed he was holding someone by the collar.