FFTP Chapter: 36

Fallen For The Prey

Re-cap:

"Eve! You did well... taking care of Lisa. Our actions may confuse and anger you sometimes, but remember this, Elena and I... We love you both beyond anything. We can't afford to lose any of you... Sleep well. Pick you at 10.!" He said seriously but his voice sounded as he was exhausted in some way. He smiled ruffling my hair and kissed me gently on my cheeks. I stared at his car until it vanished from my sight. I carefully took the crumpled piece of paper from my jeans pocket that Lisa gave it to me in the hospital. I led my fingers hovered over the folded white paper... Thinking of... 'what to do with this'...!!!

************************

I gave it one final thought before tearing it into the million pieces...

"I trust my parents... and whatever they are hiding must be for my own good..." I said myself freeing the hold. As soon as I released my fist, the torn pieces flew into the air as if it was little white butterflies. My heart...It felt light... but not my body, it was still tired from not getting the proper sleep. I bathed in the hot shower that soothes my muscles. I reheated my food, ate it in the silence; it tasted awful and smelled funky so I dumped the remaining and decided to review the notes April send me before going to bed.

Everything was fine... Until the clock struck nine. Suddenly, my visions were blurry and clouded with the tear and sweat. My stomach crunched as if an invisible hands squishing it from inside, as for the heart... it pounded hard against my rib cage ready to jump out any given moment. The throat burned as the acid-like substance rose on the vessels.

"Shit...! Food Poison!!!" I muttered under the breath running towards the bathroom spewed up all of the content in my stomach. One moment it was hot as the desert and the next it was freezing like hell. Panting and sweating heavily I glanced at the mirror... There waited the horror... I could n't see anything... Anything at all... my blurry eyesight was long gone and replaced with the darkness. Dark as if all the light was sucked out of the earth. I gasped and clutched the washbasin tightly as I lost the support of my legs in the terror. As the side effect of the food poisoning, I lost my sight... maybe forever...? The single thought alone sent the chill down my spine.

"No... It can't be..." I waved my hands in front of my eyes, splashed the cold water on the face... numerous times and crushed the eyes roughly, in the hope of retrieving my sight back. However, the every single of my attempt failed miserably. Suddenly, my body gave up the last ounce of its strength and eventually, I was knocked out on the cold tile floor.

"Finally!!! You are alone!!!" I jolted up to the familiar eerie voice on my ears. The same dark surrounding greeted me with the same terrible feeling of losing the sight.

"Who's that?" I asked shaking.

"ENRAGED... ASHAMED...DISTRESSED...!!! Did you know how much I have suffered by these stupid ranges of emotions?" I cupped my ears in pain as his loud-chilly voice exploded right into my head.

"Who.... Who are you?" I asked again; this time snaking my shaking hands along the floor to find some object, any object that I could use for my defense. To my shock, the floor was no longer tiles but something powdery as snow. It took few seconds for the realization to kick me out of the shock... This is happing in my 'Dream'... Just like before.... Those meaningful and unmeaningful nightmares...

"You??? This is happing in my head aren't they?" I said with the relief and hope that he can't hurt me in the Dreams.

"Of course! It's a Dream and I'm on your head...! Then how else I'm supposed to talk to you when those loyal dogs guarding your steps day and night...? You silly Eve..." He said as if he was just a casual visit. I didn't say anything.