FFTP Chapter: 48

Fallen For The Prey

Re-cap:

"ALEX!!!" I cried at the top of my lungs and the next second the chamber door broke open and Alex entered.

"Davien??" He said in confusion.

"NO, HE IS NOT!" I screamed again.

"Let's end this game, dear." He chuckled pulling me closer and the image of the room dissolved like the whirlpool and the gravity danced up and down my stomach and squished my head in the attempt to knock me down.... Finally and successfully, I passed out in his arms...!

**************************

"EVE!" I stirred to the faint shouting from the distance. It was dark; everything and everywhere was painted in the complete darkness. I tried but I couldn't move my hands and legs; I felt like my hands were locked up behind the chair with the invisible chain.

"EVE...!!!" This time the voice was crisp and clear, but it was happening inside my head. The soul connection!

"Dav...Davien..." I choked trying to free myself.

"Eve, baby... Baby... Where are you?" He quacked.

"I don't... know...!!" I wept as the tears rolled over uncontrollably.

"It's not twelve yet. So, you can still assess your vampire powers." Shit! Today was the due date... My 'Vampireness' would vanish at the stroke of the midnight... Plus, I can't exactly bring it out as my wish.

"Please... Baby, you can do it... Please..." He pleaded; Helplessness and vexation laced in his voice. Yes, I have to do something. Please, Eve try... Your neck is on the line. My inner-self also begged on her part. I closed my eyes tightly, recalling the day I became vampire; the anger to avenge... The fierceness to fight... The hunger and the thirst for the blood...!

Slowly, the sight of the room was faded in... I was in the room... But more like a basement... It was old and abandoned with random object scattered around and all the doors and windows were boarded up.

"Sort of ...Basement! I think I'm in the basement!"

"Eve, you have to be specific. Anything... Anything at all..." He urged impatiently. I glanced around quickly to find anything useful... At the corner, something shiny caught my attention. It was a piece of ornately carved long-case clock veiled with the velvet curtain. At the bottom of the case, initials were carved in the golden plate with the black enamel. However, the plate was half covered by the curtain.

"I found an initial on the long-case clock. But... But... only half!" I said with a relief. Something is better than nothing.

"Initials on the clock?" Spell it!" He ordered.

"It's... It's like...B... No... R.... It's 'R'... 'W'... 'M'! R.W.M!" There was a complete silence on the other end; the only sound that lingered on the air was my rapid, uneven, breath. "Davien? Are you there? I don't know where am I... Please, say something..."

"Eve! I think I know where you are and I... knew... who he is..." He whispered quietly and my heart skipped a beat. "He... is..." Once again, everything fell into the silence.

"Oops... The call has ended due to the poor reception." Suddenly a figure emerged from the shadows. Davien's duplicate was standing in front of me flashing his red iris. I glanced around; all the doors were still boarded up with the wooden pieces and nails. How the hell he has entered? As I pondered, the truth hit me hard on the head. Teleportation! He could teleport like Davien. That's how he kidnapped me here evading all the securities and above all... Alex!