FFTP Chapter: 28

Fallen For The Prey

Every inch of my body feels like the thick, invisible rope bound it tightly. My legs robotically moved on its own as if it was programmed to reach its destination. The sharp stones and thrones that laid on the uneven, rough surface pierced my bare foot as I took each step forward, guided by the strong, iron-like grip on my thin wrist.

"Evera.... Wake up!" said a faint voice from the distance.

"But... how could I? My whole body was tied up and my mind was arrested and controlled by the unknown source. Then... could I?" I said on the same faint tone, on my mind.

"Fight back! The only thing you have to do is to... Fight it...! Restrain it! Command it... to release you!" said the same voice, but more clearly this time.

"Command it? Seriously? That's impossible." I said as the idea of commanding the unknown force to release me appeared more stupid.

"You are capable of more than you could ever imagine. Do it...NOW!!!"

"Arrghh...LEAVE ME!!!" As the last word barged out of my mouth, the invisible rope or the spell that bound me blasted open. I was standing in the dense forest and even the tiny glimpse of the Ball Room or the Hotel is nowhere visible around me. The only light source is the silvery blue rays of the full moon flashing through the gaps of the large tree trunks and branches. My scarlet red Ball dress was worn and torn in multiple places. My head throbbed painfully as if I dashed it on the trees.

"No!!!" said a tall man in crispy white shirt and waistcoat stood in front of me. His silver masquerade mask gleamed in the bluish moonlight.

"Alex?? You... You kidnapped me? Why? And where we are? Alex, please! Bring me back to the hotel and I promise I won't tell anyone about this." I said without letting him know my fear and carefully took few steps back from him.

"How...How did you break...it....? IMPOSSIBLE!!!" Alex said in utter shock. He mouth fell open and eyes were widened. I used his distraction and run away from him into the darkness as fast as I could, ignoring his deadly laugh that echoed the trees.

"Come'on.... My master ordered me to escort you safely. Don't make me to hurt you!" He continued but I didn't dare to look or stop. I ran aimlessly into the dark woods until something caught my dress and I fell on something like bush but later realized it's a plant full of wild thorns as it pierced the every inch of my body like the construction nails and I screamed in the extreme pain.

"Tsk.. Tsk...Tsk.. You poor little thing! I told you... You can't escape. You are making things difficult for me." He said tearing me from of the thorns bed and dragged me by my wrist along the uneven forest ground. I tried to free myself from his hold and the sharp wild thrones, which is still poking out of my face, neck and hands. As I struggled, a thin box-like thing poked me on the leg and I remembered it is the stun gun I hid for the emergency (due to the dream).

"Arggh! Dogs!" Suddenly he stopped on his track and I used this opportunity to take the stun gun, which I hid inside the dress and stabbed him right through the heart with the full force.....but, nothing happened. He didn't wince or flinch for my attack. I gaped at him in shock and terror.

"Stun gun? Seriously? Oh... my dear Eve...! Nothing can hurt me." His voice became more and more eerie in that blurry night.

"Alex, I beg you! Leave me... HELP!!!!" I cried as loud as I could in between the bleeding and pain.

"Quiet!!!" He snarled throwing his mask at me, which slash my right eye. As the red liquid blinded my vision, I cried and twitched in on his iron grip.