FFTP Chapter: 2

Fallen For The Prey

Evera's POV:

Sudden changes in the atmosphere made my body shiver in complete coldness. Gathering all of my strength, I have tried to get up. But pain hit me back as I make a move. I slowly opened my eyes but all I can see nothing but "WHITE". Everything is white like a fog.

"Fog. Again? No..No.. Not from the beginning. Please" I cried loudly in fear. Suddenly a pair of arms wrapped around me.
"Shh.. shh.. shh... It's ok Evera, You are fine. I am with You. Open your eyes sleepy head" This voice. It's my friend April's voice. I slowly opened my eyes and saw her sitting next to me.

"April? Is that really you?" My eyes widen at the site of her. She nodded with a bright smile yet tearful eyes. Yes its definitely her.

"APRIL. ... April its.. you.. save... Dream. Horse. Kill.. ed" The happiness and fear choked my words,

"Hey... hey slow down Evie. Nothing happened. You are fine. God! you scared us. Don't do like this again. Stupid!" She said giving me a very tight hug.

"Ouch... Before you crushing me to the death, tell me where I am? Moreover, what happen to me?

"Huh? Oops... Sorry. I was bit overwhelmed. I thought I'll never see you again. Oh yeah! You are in the city hospital, room no 503. And......"

"So did you save me from that evil horse? And the stabbed wound ..." I asked touching my chest but to my surprise, there was no wound.

"But.. but the dagger. He stabbed me through the heart. Believe me.!!" I can understand the expression on her face. She didn't believe me.

"April I know you can't believe this but you have to trust me. I was stabbed by my hus... "

"Hey...Sh.. sh.. Be quiet and listen to me. First, there was no dagger and no wound. You are here because you were hit by the football and fell unconscious, got it? "

"Wh..What?? Football..? Unconscious? How many days I have been here? "
"Uh..mmm...Okay, Don't panic. You are here for past two weeks plus two weeks only."

"Thank god. It's just Two plus two weeks. Wait. What?? I have been out for a whole month?. Just from the football hit?" My head started to spin .This is an ultimate shock for me to handle than a dream.

"Well ...I think it's enough for now. You need to take rest. Stay here I'm going to call your doctor and your parents" She said walking towards the door. No, she can't walk away like that. I have to know everything.

"April....!! Tell me. Everything ..NOW..!!" I said in a sharp tone. She knows I won't let things slide away easily.
"Ahh. ... Stubborn girl huh..... Ok, here you go. I told you not to practice your horse riding near the football field but you did and the players hit the ball to the score but it flew away from the field. Unfortunately, you take that hit on your head and you fell from the fast running horse. I told you everything without missing the single details. Shall I go now? "

"I fell from the horse? Well... A month of coma makes sense now and that explains my evil horse dreams too" I was relieved, it was just a dream.

"Ok... Take rest I'll go and call your doctor."

"Hey, Ape..."
"Ooff. What now?"
"Thanks and Love you lot," I said with tears.

"Love you too Evie." She said giving me a bear hug and gently patted my back.

"But stop calling me 'Ape' okay? and the thanks goes to that Telford guys. One of them found you in the woods and they admitted you in this hospital at the right time. If he didn't. Then you.... " She stopped with a sad sigh.