FFTP Chapter: 24

Fallen For The Prey

*************************

A/N: Sorry for the very late update. To treat your hungry *fangs* here comes the long chapter. Un-edited.

*************************

Re-cap:

"Do you like him? No more explanations; Just say yes or no." She asked calmly. Even though I have asked myself this question numerous times before, the moment she asked, made my insides flipped with the sudden jerk. My throat went dry and heart started hammering against the chest. In few seconds, I found myself sweating and panting heavily. Words caught up between the throats. I struggled to find the courage to answer her.

"I... I..." Before I could answer, luckily the bus halted with a loud brake in front of the building that twinkled in the colorful lights between the dark forests. I took the opportunity; I quickly grabbed my things and started walking in aisle heard her yelling, "I'll take it as YES."

************************** 

Evera's POV:

"Eve, What she is saying? Did I miss something important?" Jules asked but I speed up my pace before she could catch me and nudge me about everything from the start. At the corner of my eyes, I could see Jules giggled for what April said and I don't bother myself to know what is that since I know exactly what she is telling. The thought that how I'm going to survive from Jules and April's eyes for the next five days vanished from the moment I set foot on the ground.

My mouth dropped at the sight of the white marble building inspired by the medieval castle fusion with the modern technology. Every single detail of the building reflected the feel of the original royal castle. Every object is the almost perfect replica of the medieval period from the furniture to decor, even the night lights mounted on the either side of the outer walls were designed as if wooden logs emitting the yellowish-orange flames.

"Wow... I never expected this for the 'Royal Ball'- themed party!!!" Someone behind me exclaimed and we nodded in agreement.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! Your attention, please! It's my pleasure to welcome you all to our royal fort- Le Ciel d'Or." Said the man who emerged out of the front door dressed in the black and navy blue suit with the little touch of middle age 'Herald' attire, in the sweet, yet crispy voice. Behind him, few of the assistants with the same type of dress followed him in two groups. When comparing to the others, the first man was short, plump and slightly bald. He led us directly to the lobby and stood in front of an old portrait of a king.

"Our hotel and the title was inspired by the original mansion of the French king; Robert Dagobert VII. He named his favorite mansion, Ciel d'Or that means the Golden Heaven." He paused for a second and corrected his tie, then continued,

"I'm Meikal Trevor, the chief director of Le Ciel d'Or and Our duty managers here; will be at your service 24/7. Thank you and have a pleasant stay." He finished his speech with a slight bow, then whispered something to the assistants and marched into the room across the lobby. That is when I have realized that no one uttered a single word for the whole time. I don't know whether it's because of his speech or the absolute beauty of this place. April, Jules and I have decided to take the four bedded Queens chamber. Yes, every rooms and hall were named after the original parts of the French king's 'Ciel d'Or' mansion. King's chamber, Queen's chamber, Prince/Princess suite, etc., and even the lobby is called 'court'. It was past midnight when we got our refreshments and keys. We went directly to our room and dropped ourselves on the ultra cushion mattress covered with purple velvet sheets, soon tired and comfort took over me, and slowly I was trapped in the complete darkness....