FFTP Chapter : 3

Fallen for the prey

Evera's P.O.V: (In cafeteria -First day of college)

"Oh. My. God! You did what?" April asked me with an ultimate shock.

"Hey... Hey... CORRECTION! I did nothing. He kissed me. Okay?"

"Whatever....! So how is the kiss? Any butterflies. Any Spark...Any tingling... I bet you must have felt something. After all, that is the first kiss you have after 2 years of 'No dating zone'. Oh, wait... That's your second kiss from Sam... I can't believe this.... you guys...."

"Oh oh... April. You forgot to do something." Before she can finish her sentence in a single breath, I stopped her.

"What I forgot?"

"Breathe. You must consider breathing in between the words"

"Hey Eve. I'm so happy for you. You like Sam. Right? I thought you would be happy with him but look so worried. Is everything alright?" she asked with the worried expression on her face.

"Of course I like him but only as a friend. But love? I'm so confused about that. I don't except any butterflies or spark. But whenever I saw his eyes it reaches my heart but not my soul. Oh, about the 'kiss' I woke from the deathbed so he was so worried about me. Maybe it's a sudden outburst of care" She said nothing but slurp her coke.

I can feel the awkward silence between us. I don't know why, "Talk of Sam" always made me and April sensitive. I can understand April is struck between her 2 best buddies. I have to think something to ease her mood. Yes..... I've got it.

Clears throat "Hmm...That first kiss, you still remember that?" I can see the small curve forming on her lips. I smiled in victory.

"Evie darling.... How can I forget our high school disaster no#45?" She let out a small laugh.

**Flashback**

One of my senior's birthday Party. The first drinking party I ever attend.

"Do I look good?" I asked Sam in a doubtful tone.

"Hey you look gorgeous"

"Then what about me?" April jumped between us.

"Oh my Ape...you look exactly like APE" Sam said teasing her. He loves doing it.

"You Jumpy monkey... don't call me Ape," She said angrily and started hitting him with her clutch.

"Hey April, cool down. I'm just kidding. You look beautiful as always," He said between her hits and we burst into laughter.

"Okay. It's snowing. My beautiful ladies, let's go inside" He said grabbing us into the party hall.

That was an awesome party. April and me literally drank everything and hit the floor like drunken monkeys.

"Kiss her.... kiss her......" Suddenly Pete started his chant pointing Sam and me. Few others also joined them. Sam inclined his head towards me with hesitation. To his surprise, I grabbed his collar and completed the kiss. Out of nowhere, April came and broke our kiss.

"Stop it. No one can touch her. I promised to protect her. If you want her to kiss then I'll kiss her on behalf of you" she dragged me to her side and kissed me.

'Huge round of Laughter' is the last thing I remember before passing out.

**End of the Flashback **

We stared each other before bursting out. The whole cafeteria echoed our laughter.

"Oh God! I still don't know why you kissed me like that?"

"Believe me. Even I don't know that. But when I think deeply, I came up with a conclusion. But don't laugh okay?"

"You have my word"

"Maybe I understand that situation like someone is kissing you without your will. So in the act of heroic rescue, I kissed you" she said holding her laughs. I did the same.

"Wow April. Is this the best explanation you have ever come up with? Whatever the reason, Pete said you are quite a good kisser. I'm kind of missing that." I said it with a wink.

"Thanks. But don't expect another kiss. Sadly the person who kissed you is not me but a few glasses of mixed alcohol. So sorry sweetheart you won't get it again" She said in a heroic tone. Once again we started laughing before her message tone interrupted us.

"Okay. That's our cue. We have classes to attend" she said showing the message from Jules.

"April. I have drama class. But I hate to go. I don't want to grab any attention."

"Don't worry. Go to your class. Find a quiet corner seat and hide yourself, until you hear the bell and repeat. See, it's so simple. Hide it. Conceal it. Don't feel it."

"Hey....Did you just use frozen quote on your reference?"

"Ha...ha. Never mind. Oh Eve I forgot to tell you. I heard there are lots of cute guys in your class. So you won't get bored easily" she said with a sheepish smile.

"But don't fall for any prince charming who rides on the white horse"

"Okay mom. I'm not falling for any prince charming. Especially on the white horse. Happy?"

" Then, Good luck Eve." She gave me a devilish wink.

"Thanks. All I need is luck. See you after class" I said sadly. She left me after giving me an assuring hug.

I start walking towards my block. Unfortunately we have separate classes for 2 Elective subjects. 'Drama and Playwriting'. Though I love writing, active drama is not my cup of my tea. But I had no choice because of my stay in hospital. Drama class have the extra credit, which I needed the most to cover my medical leave.

*****************************

I have already wasted ten more minutes in front of the door. My mind still debates whether to open the door and grab everyone's attention or miss the class.

"Okay Evie. Let's face your fate" I opened the door with extra force and barged in. Everyone's eyes are on me.

"Oh you must be the new one. "The Girl, Who Lived" "Another movie quotes? That's a nice intro Eve" I said myself.

"Professor Ray personally asked me to join you in this class. I'm Kevin Howard, In charge of Active Drama. Come introduce yourself" He gestured me to come forward.

"Huh... Hmm... Hi. I'm Evera Wilson. Final year English major. I was in the horse riding class before I transferred here. That's all about me" I said glancing around the students. No one seems to care about my presence. I was thankful for that.

"You are in the playwriting class too. Am I Right?

"Yes. Sir"

"Good. We need someone to edit our script. It's good to have a writer here. Welcome to the drama club. You can occupy that empty seat" He pointed a window seat in the corner. I thank god for this quite corner seat near window. Suddenly I heard someone opened the door with loud bang. I turned to see a tall, board shouldered guy on the door. He is wearing a dark blue jeans and a plain white shirt which is tight enough to see his toned abs.

"Sorry I'm late" His voice snapped me back to earth. I saw him landing his crystal green eyes on me. I have already seen those eyes somewhere. Yes, you are right. On my dreams. But I feel like it's more familiar than that. I have seen it before my accident. But I can't remember where?

****************************