FFTP Chapter: 26

Fallen For The Prey  

(1# in Vampire)

A/N: Aargghhh.... Accidentally deleted the entire word document of this chapter and rewrote this chapter in few hours. So if you found any errors, kindly inbox me. Read Author's Note at the end.

*****************

Re-cap:

"Your escort is here, Miss. Have a wonderful night." She beamed cheerfully at me. I flashed one last look at my reflection and gave a deep sigh. I hurried towards the door and stopped on the doorstep seeing my escort. There stood a man in crispy white shirt and the creamy waistcoat, smiling brightly at me and I froze there unable to believe my own eyes.

******************

"ALEX!!!" I cried in surprise and literally jumped on him in the happiness. This is the first time I'm seeing him after the fighting event with Davien. He looked as handsome as before. Before I could ask anything, he kindly offered his arms and I took it.

The ballroom was separated by the colorful flower garden, which was decorated with the vibrant LED lights and garden lamps. The entire makeover of the garden looked like it directly came out of the fantasyland. One of the pavements of the garden ended at the large building that stood between the dark forests. If it wasn't glittering in the number of lights, it was nearly impossible to find this building between the large trees.

The closer we approached it, I got the better view of that marvelous building. The exterior of the building was the brilliant blend of the traditional cathedral and the modern technology with the clock tower at the center of multiple small towers. The high, well-designed double door was guarded by the two staffs in soldier consume and they happily opening the doors for the guests in royal attires.

"After you!" Alex spoke for the first time and I followed his instruction without a word. The doors were directly led us to the multi-pillared corridor and to the dancing chamber aka Ballroom.

As soon as I entered the hall, my mouth fell open. The interior was as brilliant as the exterior. The high cathedral-like ceilings were flooded with the gleaming chandeliers and nightlights, the light ivory colored walls were filled with ancient paintings, wall decors and large mirrors. The entire hall was decorated with the vivid flowers and glowing candles.

"May I have you name, please?" A familiar male voice said behind me. I span around and saw Anton and Nicole, my "Active Drama" classmates. They were one of the two couples who got 'Event Hosting' in the 'Lot'.

"Hey, Evera!" Nicole and Anton said warmly smiling at me and I returned their compliments.

"You are looking fabulous! Here you go; this will suit you best." Anton gave me a glittering golden mask with the red and yellow stones and cocked my eyebrows at him.

"Oh... Yeah, it is the 'Masquerade Royal Ball'. Our very own idea! " He said proudly. "By the way, why are you standing here? The program is about to begin in few minutes. You should be on the first floor west stairs, Hurry!" He said closing at his watch.

"Why should I? Hanna and Max's performance is the first one, right?" As I asked, they exchanged the confused glance.

"You didn't get the message about the change in the program order?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Oh, no!!!" Nicole gasped. "Come 'on, tell me what happened?" I demanded the explanation.

"Hanna is sick from the food allergy. Therefore, we had to forward your dance as the opening event. We did send you and Davien the message this afternoon. Look, your names are on the top." He said pointing at the printout and I stanched it from him for the better view in the dim lighting. He is right; Davien's name and mine were printed in the bold letters on the top of the sheet.