FFTP Chapter: 23

Fallen For The Prey

"I think you have misunderstood us. Last year our land was under attack by the shape-shifters and huntsmen. Therefore, the secret meetings like this will take place in the common places like this. This is just a precaution measures to protect our place." He paused for a second before continued, "If you don't want to wait then, approach our head through your vampire council. It is much more easy procedure than the private application." Hogan said calmly.

"No, we will wait. It will be great if you can speed up the procedure." I said grinding my teeth. He was right; I can use the privilege of my council's influence. However, I don't want the vampire council to know about my human mate 'Evera'.

"Well, that can be arranged. Until we here from the werewolves' council, we have to stay here." He said showing the tent near the cave. It was slightly bigger than the other tents, fully furnished and decorated. The tent was filled with utter silence. My hands travelled to the back pocket and pulled a pair of wedding rings bounded by the thin golden chain. The rings twinkled beautifully in the bright moonlight.

"I don't trust anyone on Evera's safety," I muttered slowly when stroking the rings between the fingers. Anger, frustration and resentment slowly crawled under the veins.

No one spoke for a whole minute until Violet broke the silence.

"It's not your fault." She said looking at the rings. Instead of calming, her words made it worst.

"Then, whose fault is that Violet? Oh yeah, it's her fault. It's definitely her fault for trusting me too much. It's definitely her fault for believing my words blindly. IT IS HER FAULT!!" I said proceeding towards the Violet. As the coursing down the veins, I could feel the monster in me slowly took over me.

"Master, your eyes are turning black." Casper said blocking my path and stood in front of Violet protectively.

"Please, calm down." He said pulling me away from her from my back. However, it doesn't stop me from approaching her.

"Whose fault is that Violet?" I said grabbing her throat.

"Master!!! Ple...ase!!! It..'s hu..rt..ing...!" None of her cry was reached my ears as she struggled on my grip. Then the next thing she said made me halt.

"DEVIN! STOP!!!" She cried loudly. Devin is the name she used to call me when she was little. As her voice echoed my ears, the monster in me slowly begins to decease.

"I'm... I'm... sorry... Ivy. I...I'm... losing it often lately..." I said releasing her from my grip. She landed on the sofa with soft thud clamping her throat. Her eyes twinkle with the tears and her face struck in the horror. Though Ivandra (Violet's human name) brought to me as a slave at the age of 11, I developed a brotherly bond towards her. As a brother, I have never failed to treat her as my sister. But today, I have tried to hurt her with my own hands. I felt ashamed of myself for laying my hands on her.

"Violet, are you alright?" Casper said helping her from the floor.

"Casper, how long he is going to put the blame on himself? It's been centuries since that happened. It's really not his fault. Since he got Evera to cherish and protect, don't you really think it's time to let her go of his heart and accept Eve." Violet argued with Casper.

"I need some air." Before she said anything, I clutched the rings tightly and dashed into the dense forest.

"Please Violet don't mention her again. We are here for Evera." I could hear their argument and numerous howling of the wolves from the distance. I don't know how many hours or miles I have crossed until the soft orange rays that emerged from the horizon told me it was the dawn. When I get back to the camp, it was quarter past nine in the morning. Later, we were escorted to the next location. Time flew quickly than I expected, we have only 6 hours left for the Royal Ball party.