FFTP Chapter: 56

Fallen For The Prey

Re-cap:

"Look at this mark behind the address!"Casper and Violet craned their neck to take a better look at it while Davien examined the parchment. There was a painting of a mountain drawn in the parchment, which was looking exactly like the Huntersden Mountain. Moreover, a golden line that was visible on the mark made it looked like a map....
This is it... A map... A map to my past and my future...
*************************
Evera's POV:

The golden line led us directly to the heart of the Huntersden. The higher we go, the rainy weather made our hiking worse as much as possible. When we reached the place where the golden line had ended, I stood frozen in my tracks. I can't believe my own eyes...

Just few feets away, the green grasses had spread across the ground while the post-winter sun peeked here and there through the branches of the tall trees. Birds chirped and butterflies cuddled gently over the flowers.

In total, the rainy land we are standing completely different over the land I'm looking just a few feet away from us. It's like two different land has been masterly 'Photoshopped' to look real.

"Finally," I murmured running forward but was force stopped by Davien.

"EVE... ARE YOU TRYING TO JUMP OFF THE CLIFF?" He shouted over the noise of the rain. Confusion was visibly painted on his face as well as the other two.

"Cliff?" I frowned It took me few moments to realize I'm the only one who could see the fairyland in front of me.

"Davien, trust me!" I breathed; my heartbeat started to agitate and my breath became ragged. I couldn't contain myself anymore. I didn't wait for his reply but grabbed his hand, closed my eyes and ran toward the land... My land!

"Ahh...!" Violet screamed as I felt the low volume current passed through my body followed by the sound of faint thunder mixed with the broken wine glass. When I opened my eyes, everyone was panting except me. Before I say anything, Casper stiffened looking past me.
Out of nowhere, a few dozens of large and bulky wild animals surrounded us. Davien, Casper, and Violet covered me baring their vampire teeth.

"GO BACK...!" Someone roared jumping protectively in front of us. All the animals bolted to the forest with the same speed.

"Huh... I thought it must be you! You broke the invisible barrier unleashing our safety measure." The young man, who is not more than in his late twenties said looking at the sky and me. He was twice as tall as me, and had a very muscular build that remained me of the 'Hell boy'. His light purplish eyes and sun-kissed completion matched perfectly with his ivory- white hair that fell to his mid back.

"I'm Garagath." His silvery voice brought my attention to him. "I have been waiting for you since the moment your father came for me!"

"But he... Wait! It's insane, but... Are you... that old man?" I was surprised when he gave me a gentle nod. "So... You about me?"

"I know you, Eve! From very... long... time. We share some special relationship... Come this way!" We turned around walked into the forest gesturing us to follow him.

After passing few huts, treehouses and caves, he stopped in front a house that looked exactly like the Elf houses in the Lord of Ring series but in more improvised version.

"Welcome to our Home!" He said with a smile that was mixed with warmth, happiness, and joy. Home?? Is that my home? The real one??
"Who are you, Garagath?"
"Me?? I thought you came to ask... Who you are. Isn't it, sweetheart?" He asked cupping my hands. I was surprised when he literally steel that question out of my mind.