FFTP Chapter: 13

Fallen For The Prey

Re-Cap:

"What the hell is happening to me?" Every part of my body begins to numb in that freezing temperature. It made me lose my balance and fell on the bed. Soon emptiness and sleep occupied me and I was forced to shut my heavy eyelids.

************************

I slowly opened my eyes to the faint music of the piano. It was so melodious to hear. An undefined feel told me this music is meant for me. Suddenly I had an urge to see the person who is playing this music.

I sat up from my bed and gently placed my feet on the ground. The floor was as cold as ice, unlike my warm wooden floor. That's where I have realised I'm not on my room; not my bed. I was sleeping in a canopy bed covered by the red colour net and silk cloth. It was beautifully decorated with flowers and candles but on a white empty field. All I can see with the help of the candles is snow and all I hear is the faint piano music. What is most strange is I'm fully aware of what is happening to me. Usually I can't differentiate between dream and reality. But today I was damn conscious, unlike my other subconscious dreams. I was scared to the death. Eerie feeling which travelled to my spine made my hair stand up on the back of my neck.

"Come'on Eve, wake up!"

"You can do it"

"W..a.ke ..up..." I have closed my eyes tightly and tried to wake up. But when I open my eyes I was still struck on that place. I have tried it several times to escape from here but failed every time.

"Shit... Nothing is working." I scold myself and then made my mind face it. I have read it somewhere, there are two doors which the souls used to enter and exit the dream land. I know it sounds silly but I have decided to walk around and see any exit door. I grabbed the candles from the stand and started to follow the direction where the music is coming from.

The volume of the music started to increase, that means I'm getting closer to that person. Suddenly the candle was blow off by the chill wind and I was left alone in the complete eerie darkness. The creepiness which is begun to run through my veins made my whole body freeze on that spot. I was too scared to move an inch. Suddenly a thought sparked on my mind.

"Wait a minute. This is my dream, then why the hell I'm scaring for this."

"This is my dream!"

"My bloody own dream!"

"Whoever you are, you can't hurt me or scare me here." I have continuously shouted at the darkness around me. I have expected laughter or a hand on my shoulder or an eerie face in front of me as a response. Instead, I was welcomed by the bright light from the pair of hanging lamp in the shape of moon. According to my walking pace, the lamp on the both side begin to light my path one by one. It looked like the automatic sensor lights we use on the children's room but on the whole new and advanced level. It was floating in the mid air with no ceiling or stand.

The path ended at the garden by the lake and I quickly took a note of its surroundings. It was fully lighted up with the colourful lights with the gazebo at the centre. My attention shifted from the gazebo to the man in black tuxedo who is playing piano.

"You are late." He said without turning around. So couldn't able to see his face.

"Who are you?" I asked him.

"Do you know how long I've been waiting for you?" He asked me when his fingers caressingly touching the keys.

"This is my dream; my rule. I can be arrive late or leave soon. That's none of your business." He suddenly stopped at the major keys and paused for a second before continue the music.

"Oh dear! Of course it's your dream, you can arrive late. But you can't leave here without my approval, which is never going to happen."

"Who are you? Let me see your face once."

"Hear this music with your heart open. Then I'll show you who I am." Before I could answer he started to play a peculiar type of music which I never heard before. As he increased the pace of the music, slowly I became addicted to it. When he finished the last line, I was totally mesmerized by it.

"Run... Just run..." The voices in my head told me to run away from him but my leg refused to do that. He stood up from his seat and extended his hands towards me.

"Take my hand and tell me you want to be with Me. FOREVER!" He ordered. I have slowly begun to walk towards him to take his hand.

"I... I... want.. to.. be.. with.. you... For.."

"EVERA..." I didn't get the change take his hands or finish my vow, because a faint voice of someone calling my name stooped me and the garden before me begun to destroy and he still stood there with his extended arms surrounded by a dark dust. He slowly started to vanish into the dust.

"Don't go... Please don't go..." Before I grab his hand everything vanished and I fell into the lake. I struggled to swim in the dark water and eventually it blocked the air supply to the lungs. Slowly I started to lose my conscious and everything went black.

"Evera... Wake-up... It's just a dream." Before I reach the bottom of the lake I can feel a strong pair of arms abruptly shaking me back to reality.

I jolted up from my bed to the loud beeping sound that came from my watch. I found myself panting heavily and sweating profusely. My watch which indicates my heart rate '182'. For a fraction of seconds I saw a blurry image of man in front of me. I quickly switched on my bedside lamp and found no one in the room except me. At first I was so confused, but the fully opened window indicated the chance of intrusion. What draws my attention was the tiny object that twinkled on the floor.

It is a locket without the chain. Though it is very old, the detail of this locket was very clear. It is in the shape of sword which is upside down with a fully bloomed moon behind the handle and also encrypted with some symbols and unknown languages and a small black taaffeite stone on it. I can see the talented craftsmanship on this. It may be dated back few centuries, at least. He must have dropped while escaping from here. But who he is? What he came here for? If I'm not wrong, he will definitely come back get this from me.

*************************

Whose locket it might be....? Vote and comment if you liked this chapter.

-Winter Knight3