"I'm sorry about that. I know it's not cool." I say genuinely. Aaliyah simply shrugs.

"It's ok. I am used to this already." She plasters a small smile on her face, trying to show that she didn't care. I knew that smile too well, because I used that very often.

"You shouldn't be." I stop for a moment, and a thought crosses my mind. "Aaliyah, is it just this that your friends do; ignore you; or is there something else?"

The forced smile on her face fades away, and she looks down at her lap. She doesn't say anything for some moments, but then speaks up. "I don't really think I have friends. I mean, real friends."

"Do you... want to talk about it?" I ask, concerned with what she just said. I sit up from my mattress and sit down on the edge of her bed, taking a spot next to hers. I had been here in Pickering for such a small amount of time, but I had felt like I had become so attached to Aaliyah already, and I was genuinely worried. I wanted to change that. She was such good company, and I saw her as a friend. Why wouldn't she have friends?

"I don't want to bother you." She answers, and I shake my head.

"Really Aaliyah, you won't be bothering me. I want to know what happened, maybe I could help?" I suggest, and fiddling with her fingers which rested on her lap, she sighs.

"Just promise me you won't tell Shawn?" She looks up, asking me a question that takes me aback. I didn't know what to do, but I then realized that if she wanted Shawn not to know, then probably it was for the greater good. Just like I wasn't telling him about how I don't think I deserve him. I didn't want to create drama, and maybe Aaliyah just doesn't want it too.

I finally nod my head, and reassure her, "Yes, I promise."

"Thanks, I don't want him to worry, you know how he is, and probably he would try to change this. Not like he could solve it anyways." She says simply, and I could see that she was collecting her thoughts, not knowing where to start. I patiently wait, not wanting to pressure her.

"Ok, so before Shawn had turned famous, I had these two friends. We were so close, attached to the hip. But when the fame thing happened, everything changed. They weren't interested on spending time with me because I was their best friend. It was because of Shawn." She makes a pause, and continues. "After I found out this, I stopped talking to them. I was really devastated, because I had lost my two best friends. But I guess that if they did what they did, they never really were my friends to start with..."

I hear to what she says, and I could as well be looking at myself in the mirror. I didn't have a famous brother, but I did know the feeling of thinking that I had friends, and realizing the next second, that I didn't. It had happened to me in the other school.

"After that, I tried to find new friends, but they always made the same thing. They just wanted to hang out with me because of who my brother is, and it's the same with these "friends" I tried talking to today. I know they are not really my friends, but I guess they are better than nothing." She says, and shrugs once more. "I have given up already, to be honest. But I am quite fine even if I don't have friends."

"No." I say, and she turns to me, not understanding my contradiction. "You do have friends, Aaliyah." I say, smiling. "I am your friend."

I smile appears on her face, brightening up all of her features. "Really?"

I chuckle at this reaction of hers, and bring my thumb and indicator to my chin. "Well, according to the wise words that this girl said on Shawn's birthday, we are gonna be besties!" I say, and try to copy her voice when I say the last part. Aaliyah chuckles too, nodding.