CHAPTER 45

[Author's note: Phew! Back, finally! :D First of all, my sincere apologies to make y'all wait for a month. And thanks a billionth ton for waiting. Without this cooperation, I wouldn't be able to be back with a new part.
Chapter dedication: to manasip24. It's obvious that it wouldn't be possible without her. Why? Because the picture that you see on the top, YES, it's Shay Mitchell, the actress in Pretty Little Liars. That was Manasi's suggestion. And I guess she matched perfectly with Nandini's personality and age. So, there is my Nandini. Hope you liked her too.

Also, I talk a lot, lol! I should start..... :D ]

As I strolled forward marking each step of mine, I kept in mind the whole route. I couldn't afford to be misled this time. Balancing the pot of water in my hand, and struggling to take every step, I finally competed with myself and reached where I was supposed to, hoping that my mother and Nandini would be waiting.
Well, but it wasn't really a surprise, that I wouldn't find them on the spot. Being a human, it was obvious that I would start doubting my traveling routes and would attempt to find them elsewhere. It was then, when I saw strips of the cloth that was used to stop the flow of blood from Nandini's wrist. Tactics to trick me, eh?

I picked them up, and observed. They indeed were the part of the utilised cloth piece. Before I could look up, my ears were alerted with screams.
And the hair on the back of my neck stood up as soon as I heard that voice. It was Nandini. My Nandini. But the voice that accompanied her was my mother.
I took hurried steps and tried to follow the course of voice. I saw her being pulled away and dragged ruthlessly by an external force. But, I couldn't find my mother.
My eyes travelled throughout as I didn't stop following and calling out for Nandini.
There she was. She appeared from the back of the bush, bleeding profusely. I was certain that she had a tough time, trying to protect Nandini before she let go, but still, didn't give up. I reached out to her. Kneeling down to her I spoke, "Ma, sit here. It's my turn now. You've given enough of yourself."
She could do nothing but nod, and later collapsing.
I stood up kissing her forehead, running behind Nandini.

Just a few metres more and I reached the steps of the fort. It stood strong, and immovable as usual.
My Nandini laid on the ground, with her stomach in contact with it. I rushed towards her but stood dead in my tracks when I saw something taking form. It was Him. The beast.
He was materialising in sections and the first thing I noticed was the evil smirk that he possessed. His feet turned inwards, socket less, dark eyes, feet turned inwards, he still stood tall with that never ending figure of his. The fingers of his hands were wriggling and looked like they were just gifted with life. With eyes gleaming with pride and lust, he bent down towards Nandini and was about to touch her, which provoked me to yell at the top of my lungs, "Don't you DARE touch her you beast!"
He looked up, and my heart did a flip.
His loud, ebullient laugh erupted throughout and rang in my ears. "You?" He gasped for breath.
"You little prick. You will stop me from doing what I have to?" He took a step behind, held his stomach and bursted into peals of laughter again. But the other moment, seriousness encompassed his face with pride. "Humph, you can't do ANYTHING. Jaswant couldn't, look at yourself, did you not?"
Saying that he picked Nandini up and barged into the fort.
I stumbled and ran behind him.
"Mahanandan stop!" I screeched. But it was no surprise that he wouldn't.
As I followed him, I passed the museum and saw that Nandini was been taken to the first storey of the fort and then into a huge, spacious room. I entered the room, fearlessly as Nandini laid on the ground, probably subconscious.
"Oh, so you are here, huh?" He let out another short laugh before continuing. "Want to know what will I do?"
I looked at him expressionless, but my heart was beating like a volcano about to erupt.
"This is the place, where Jaswant and Rajwanti stayed. The place where they proved them to be only one another's. What will I do? In this SAME place, I will claim her to be mine. Only MINE!" He roared.
"No! Have some shame, you ruthless creature."
He growled and actioned me towards the window. Just a second, and I fell off, from the window. I held my knee. Almost every part of my body, now was injured. But I was habituated to bearing it now, and I squeezed my eyes shut. The first thing that happened was that, Nandini's picture flashed in front of my eyes. I opened my eyes immediately and the next thing I realised that I met with the floor of the museum. The place where the sword to kill Mahanandan was kept. I looked up on the top, where those words were scrawled which I read earlier. How would I reach there?