CHAPTER 23

[Author's note: heyya my voracious readers... very sorry to keep you all on a long wait! But as I have promised... I have published further on the 20th of March... hope you enjoy further... the story ends where Queen Rajwanti was found dead under the Royal Bed..( just a small glimpse of the past).. and here it goes...]

King jaswant went into deep depression... All sorts of thoughts were running through his head.. He was in deep agony, anguish, pain! He did not know what was he supposed to do next... He wanted to find out the murderer of his beloved, the one who killed his wife, the one who ended his life by killing his only true love... But he did not know what was he to do. How would he search for the killer. He wanted to take a revenge, a revenge for the only woman he respected and loved the most after his mother...

There was no one left in his life now.. He was the only natural heir after his father died! His mother also left him before seven years.... And now his wife... He just wanted a reason to live now... and the only reson was his Kingdom.. the kingdom of Bhangarh... He tried his best to search for the murderer and divert his mind into other subjects, but all was in vain! Due to this all the other Kings belonging to several Kingdoms started challenging King Jaswant for wars... If his Kingdom was not protected, he would lose his life as well as his Kingdom... He had no interest in continuing his life.. But just for the sake of his subjects, his ministers and most importantly... the citizens of the Kingdom who loved him dearly.....

He fought and he fought....          Until he breathed his last.. not knowing what to do... He was killed by a very cruel king in the evening at approximately 6o'clock...

and then comes out the reason for why are there so many superstitious stories getting around. Because this was the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth....

King Jaswant was killed brutally. His last wish to find the murderer of his wife was fulfilled when when the cruel King... Mahanandan, admitted with a roaring laughter that he was the one who had murdered King Jaswant's wife...

The reason behind this was that he was in deep love with Queen Rajwanti and he could do anything to get her into his clutches... He wanted her desperately....on the night when the King was out in the court with his friends... King Mahanandan had approached the Queen and proposed to her, to marry him, he would do anything for her.... But when the Queen rejected his proposal.... she was murdered with the sword struck inside her delicate body... and then dumped under the Royal bed! "She had to pay to be true to you King Jaswant.. And now I am sending you to meet your beloved.. in heaven, or maybe hell? ha ha ha ha ha...." roared the beast....

In no time King Jaswant jumped back on his feet striking the sword into Mahanandan's stomach leaving him dead....

But the most unfortunate thing happened there... King Mahanandan, before his soul could have left him... cursed King Jaswant... "You killed me... You think you achieved something... no Jaswant... you made the devil rise in me... You will watch.. you will watch that after 155 years from now, Queen Rajwanti will take a re-birth... I will make her mine... I will show you, I will wait, and you will watch! you will watch.... I will make her mine.. She will surrender herself to me.. She will surrender her soul...."

In no time Mahanandan's soul departed... and King Jaswant died too... His life was a terrible one.. he could not even save his own wife... she will have to suffer even when she comes back to earth...

I was shocked when I read the story... My eyes were filled with tears... and that was when I realised that the Bhangarh Fort was frequently Haunted by the spirit of King Mahanandan.. In search for the soul of Queen Rajawanti... But I respect her... I respect her thoughts... " If I would be at her place I would have done the same thing"... I blurted out aloud...

"Huh! What did you say?"..... I turned behind....

" What did you say child? Repeat! Repeat your words....".... It was a priest, maybe his clothes made me think like that!

"I said that if I would be in Queen Rajwanti's shoes, I would have done the same... whatever she did was right..."

I was horrified at the priests expression, " no no no.... why did you say that child, this has happened after 155 years that anyone has agreed with Queen Rajawanti's thought, her decision... w-why d-do I f-feel that y-your s-soul is that of Queen R-Rajawanti...".. he hesitated to speak, his voice was chocked and I was baffled... Flabbergasted.....

I was the Queen Rajawanti?

[Author's note: hope you guys liked the twist in the tale... wish u all comment and vote.. I dedicate this chapter to a friend of mine... Khushi Parikh well, she was the first one who dedicated her novel's chapter to me... so Khushi you are the first one whom I am dedicating a chapter to! her novel.. 'Yours For Infinity' is suggested by me... do read it..]