CHAPTER 31

[Author's note: I'm back ;) lemme start then....... ]

As soon as I stepped into my room I saw Nikhil's and my parents together discussing about something which I did not pay heed to. I was too bored to think about Mahanandan at the moment... I was way too sleepy.

But when I entered my mother asked me to shift to the second room because the elders did not want me to get involved in their talks... Maybe they didn't want me to overthink and be too stressed out... or then, it was something that they were hiding.... but what was more important was my sleep...

I went back to Nikhil's room, "yay!" I smiled...

He was in a deep sleep.... I couldn't get my eyes off him... I had never felt my hormones stimulate to such a level.... I shut my eyes... Gave a gentle pat on my head and jumped on the sofa-cum bed for a cosy sleep...

I opened my eyes when I felt someone embracing me.... Someone was playing with my hair... I hate that... without opening my eyes, I shoved off the hand on my forehead... But it was so idiotic when I realised that it was Nikhil sitting next to me.

He got up... "Hey, umm 'morning! Orange juice? "

"Hi Nikhil" I blushed... "Good morning..no thanks... and yeah actually I had to come here because mumma asked me to sleep in this room... Our parents were busy discussing something... so"

He chuckled, "Oh.. you don't need to explain though.. you are always welcome here... and you can't regret me, so no need to find excuses huh! by the way the orange juice is tasty! Its orange in colour!" he winked....

I gave him an annoyed look... "Whatever!"

"Okay.. okay, chill! I was just joking... now get up. Lazy girl!!"

We both went out.... 

But it was a shock! I saw suitcases laid outside my room. They belonged to us... I didn't even realise when Nikhil's parents packed their bags... Nor did Nikhil... 

I ran inside.... "What the hell is all this? I mean are we checking out of here? Could I please know why is that so?"

My mother started off in a calm tone, "Look Nandini" Nikhil was standing behind me... "Nikhil, both of you... come here. Sit next to me... Let me explain everything and then you both can question our decision.......... Come dear, sit!!"

We both sat on either side of hers... She soothingly placed her hand on our heads....

"Children, you both are too young to fight the powerful force of Mahanandan... Nandini we all know that what you know about your past is true.... We are with you... but who else will believe us..."

I opened my mouth to speak up...

"Nandini, let me complete first" ..... and I kept mum.

"Nikhil... It is something which has left me speechless... Expressing gratitude would be negligible... the help which you have offered Nandini as a friend will be long remembered... before Nandini's father and I could do anything... you were already standing strong by her side.... But son, you need to understand... its danger to your life. Your parents too, are not appreciative and supportive about this... They have done a lot for Nandini and us. We cannot ask for more help!!"

I could not control any longer... "Mumma... you are right about Nikhil's part... But we cannot help it if someone does not believe my story.... It is more than enough for me when you all are standing by my side... and now I understand why was I asked to move out... You could have at least spoken to me about this before hand... Listen to what I wanted to say?! Mumma, one simple thing... I am firm on my decision... I won't move out of here. I don't know about you all... and before it turns out into a rancorous argument, I'd rather walk away...."

She shouted, "Nandini you cannot do that okay? You just cannot risk someone else's life for your ambition... I don't mean to hurt you... But its a fact... We will conquer Mahanandan at the right time... I want a positive reply by tomorrow.... I am giving you one more day to think about what you have to and how you have to handle this situation.... It is enough!!"

Nikhil was dumbstruck... I lashed out of the room in anger... Nikhil came running behind me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder... "We will do something... Relax! I am with you..."

I glanced at him hopefully...... I didn't expect this turn... I sat down with my hands over my head.........

[Author's note: Heyy... I need help to write further... please drop in with all the possible suggestions personally if anyone can... love you all!! thanks alot for all our support!! :)

-Mansi]