Gavin came bubbling into the kitchen. "Coorreyy." He rushed over and gave me an exuberant hug. He let me go and snatched a piece of bacon from my plate. Munching on it as he happily took a seat next to me where Elise placed his breakfast. Damien entered the kitchen and poured himself a mug of coffee. I loved Marcus and in a suit he is simply mouthwatering, but I couldn't help but to gawk a little at Damien in his dark blue suit. This was the first time seeing him dressed up; usually he was casually dressed in jeans or his leathers. He cleaned up nice. I glanced over at Gavin, and he was practically drooling at his man. I smiled and continued to eat. Joe and Beth ambled in next, bickering like they usually do over something. Micah strolled behind them his eyes fixed on Bethany's derriere. He was so blatant all the time, but you gotta love him. Elise was in her element as she shuffled around the kitchen making sure everyone was fed and watered. Soon everyone was finishing up and Mike came in to remind us it was time to go. I kissed Elise on her cheek to thank her and I turned and grabbed Marcus' hand that he had extended out towards me.

 We made our way outside and Mike and his burly team made a clear path on the sidewalk directly to the open door of the huge SUV. Everyone piled in and we were on our way. The closer to the courthouse we got was the tighter Marcus gripped my hand. I brought my other hand over and placed it over his and rubbed his knuckles, hoping to calm his nerves. If anyone looked at him, they would think that he was unaffected and that nothing could touch him, but I knew better. He was nervous for me and my safety. He wasn't concerned in the least for himself and my heart melted even more. We arrived and the luxury SUV immediately caught the attention of the press camped out around the entrance. They were here to cover the sensational story. The surged forward, but the added security of the barriers and the police only let them get so far. I turned my full attention to Marcus. "Come on, baby. Let’s give them a show. Don't worry I am fine." I tried to sooth his nerves.

 He smiled at me and leaned over and kissed me gently on the lips. Mike got out as our other bodyguards pulled up behind us. They formed a loose wall of muscle around the car. Mike opened our doors and the cameras started flashing, you could hear the noise and questions being shouted towards us. Damien, Gavin, and Joe where the first out of the car, followed by Micah and Bethany. Marcus drew in a deep breath then he existed the vehicle. The camera flashes and the press went insane calling his name and firing questions at him. His face was a mask of indifference. He turned and reached inside for me. As I stepped out and held onto his hands gathering courage from his warm grip. There was a discernible pause then pandemonium set in. The flashes almost blinded me, even in the bright morning sun and People were calling my name. Mike pushed forward and we were ushered inside through a wall of human muscle. Marcus' cold glare blasted everyone out of our way. Once inside, we were scanned by the guards checking for any kind of weapons and we proceeded through a gawking crowd towards the courtroom. Our security did a splendid job of clearing us through the building. Mike made sure no one even got close to us.

 We entered the courtroom and I could almost feel the sigh of relief that Marcus slowly let slip. We took our seats off to the side. This hearing was a closed one for security purposes at Marcus influential request. Without showing any reaction what so ever Marcus watched as James was lead into the courtroom and seated at the defense table. He didn't glance neither to the left or right. Meanwhile Gavin was glaring daggers at him. If looks could kill James would be six feet under several times.

The courtroom began to fill with Marcus' Attorneys and the court staff. A uniformed Bailiff stepped forward and called for us to rise as he introduced the Judge. The proceedings went fairly quick even though Damien had to glare a Gavin a few times to keep him behaved. Marcus was quiet throughout the whole thing, even when James pleaded guilty to all the charges. I knew he was hurt inside. He had wished James had come to him and explained himself instead of holding a viscous grudge all this time. No one knew he had tried to contact James and talk to him but James had refused to see him. When the Judge determined that James was to spend the rest of his life in jail, it was a sad ending. I didn't even know what Kim and Mitchell had received in their connection to James' plots at their sentences. James was lead away and I leaned over in full view of everyone and kissed my man. He smiled sadly at me and got to his feet pulling me with him. It was time to make his statement to the press and move on with our lives.