Chapter 27

Chapter 27

 (Marcus Mercedes------>)

 Slamming the phone back on the cradle I was more than pissed off at the news that I just received from my PR people. I was getting ready to take Corey out on my boat for the day when Elise said I had an important call waiting for me, and now I am told someone has made charges against me and my club for assault and battery and endangerment.

 I now had the press camping out on my God damn door step and Corey is going to freak because the chances of him being seen and photographed has now doubled. He is either going to have to stay here or I am going to have to figure out a way to smuggle him to his house. "Shit!" I picked up the phone and called Bethany. I need to find out the details behind this bogus damn charge. 

 "Hello Marcus, what can I do for you this fine Sunday morning?" She answered her phone brightly.

 "Good Morning, I need you to find out how and when The Dungeon and I have been charged with endangerment and assault. I need you to get a hold of the security tapes and have Damien and Micah review exactly what happened during that time frame of the so called assault. Find out the name of the person filing these charges. Then make arrangements for a hotel for me, I can't come and go here with the press on my heels. Corey is with me." I explained to her.

 "Okay, I will get back to you as soon as I have the information you need, so sorry Marcus. I am sure everything will work out. Don't stress. Go back to Corey and enjoy your day." She said before she disconnected the call. I replaced the receiver and sat back scrubbed a hand over my face. Daryl chose that precise moment to deliver his news.

 "Master Marcus, the media is now camped out at all the entrances of the building and the garage. The police have arrived to try to control the growing crowd of news vans; they are trying to get them across the street as we speak." He informed me apologetically. I thanked him and sent him on his way. There was nothing more that I could do right now. I had already sent text messages to Damien and Micah. I have my attorney's on standby because until I have the full picture I am not talking to the police or anyone else. I am unavailable until further notice. Sighing heavily I got up from behind my desk and went to find my sweet boy.

 Stepping through the door of my bedroom I spied my sweetie lying in the middle of my bed where he belonged. He had fallen asleep again. I knew he was going to freak out about the media. That was always his arguing point against this relationship. People finding out about us and that he was my employee and that they were going to judge him as sleeping his way to the top. I lay down carefully next to him and just watched him sleep.

  He was so beautiful. His perfect plump pink lips just begged to be kissed and his flawless skin asking to be caressed. I shifted closer and he must have picked up on my body heat because he scooted closer and cuddled against my chest so sweetly. I used a finger and gently brushed his jet black hair out of his gorgeous face. Nothing made me happier than waking up next him, when he would open those big blue eyes and smile at me in the morning, it really made my day.

 As Corey slept peacefully snuggled into his side my mind ran back to the night before. I remembered Micah mentioning a sub being hurt by one of the members of the club, I wondered if the same person made the allegations. I carefully turned and picked up my phone from the bedside table and sent a quick text message to Micah to give Detective Hanson a call and follow up to see what is going on with this new development. I knew I had nothing to hide. My clubs were on the up and up, properly licensed and The Dungeon was a membership only club in the play areas. No one could get into the upper rooms unless they were paying members, Doms and Subs likewise. People were allowed a guest but they have to get Micah's approval before hand, that meant he had to be informed days before the intended guest wished to visit.