Epilogue

Epilogue | Chapter Eighty-Two

A/N: y'all better not be ready for this, bc i surely am NOT. hope you enjoy the final chapter of supersonic, and i ask that you please read the acknowledgements after this to help you realize how much i truly appreciate each and every single one of you!

thank YOU for taking this wonderfully amazing journey with me. i'll save the sappy shit for the acknowledgements page. please show the FINAL chapter of supersonic some much appreciated love!!!! x

 please show the FINAL chapter of supersonic some much appreciated love!!!! x

ZAYN'S POV

SEVEN YEARS LATER

"I'll see you tomorrow, Wes." I wave goodbye to my co–worker and friend, to which he removes the cigarette that seems to constantly be hanging from his lips.

"Bright and early!" He jokes, chuckling.

He knows me well enough to know that the odds of me being here bright and early are about as good as a snowball's chance in hell. "Maybe for you," I kid back.

"What? Wife won't drag your ass out of bed in the mornings?" He teases, dragging on his cigarette. I vacantly stare at the toxic stick, which used to hold so much meaning in my life but has now become nothing more than an image of other people slowly killing themselves.

I'd made the decision to quit smoking roughly six years ago. It was a huge decision that I felt needed to be done. I had other priorities, and that meant I needed to be around for as long as my natural life would allow me. Truthfully, giving up smoking has been the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life, but I don't regret it for a moment.

It's made me stronger, and fuck, I feel so much healthier. Granted, I've probably gained some weight since quitting—since whenever I felt stressed, I'd have a cigarette and now it's junk food—but I still think it's better than knowingly filling my lungs with tar whenever I'd inhale.

Another thing that's changed is that I've officially been off the racing circuit for several years now. It was another hard change, but it needed to be done. I was tired of avoiding the law, of worrying that someone wronged would come after me. That entire life was too dangerous, and it needed to be left behind.

It was hard because that was what my life was like for so long. But things have changed, and I can't go around participating in illegal street races in the middle of the night. I needed to take the time to find other ways to get my adrenaline rush.

"No, Arielle's just as much a night person as me." I respond and he chuckles. "Tell Rose I say hello."

"Have a safe drive home. I'll see you tomorrow, Boss." He says before he turns back to doing his job.