Forty-Seven

Chapter Forty-Seven

☠ Chapter Forty-Seven ☠

ZAYN'S POV

As Nyjah and I are trying to decide on what to order off the Chinese food menu, I hear Zoe grab Arielle's attention as she drags her sneakily out of the room. But Arielle breaks Zoe's plan of being secretive, as she says, "We'll be right back." I don't bother turning away from the menu, despite the fact that I know the two of them are sneaking off.

After about two hectic minutes, Nyjah has decided on what he's going to order for all of us and I leave him for a moment while he dials the number and puts in the order. I immediately head for Arielle's bedroom, where I assume Zoe has taken her, curious as to what those two are hiding. What's so secretive that the two of them can't discuss it out where everyone can hear it? It couldn't possibly be about me, could it?

"I've started developing feelings for someone else." Zoe says. Well then.

"Who?" Arielle immediately spits out.

"It's not important. All that matters is what am I going to do? Nyjah is crazy about me! How am I supposed to end things with him?" I nearly laugh at what Zoe says aloud. As if Nyjah is crazy about her. I've known him long enough to understand that isn't the truth.

"Maybe it was just lust. I mean, we did have a lot of sex." Zoe's voice.

"Too much information," Arielle admits. That's true. It seems that Zoe's just as bad as Nyjah—they're both always talking about how much sex they have, and we fucking get it. Enough already.

"Well, it's no different than you and Zayn! What the hell happened with you two? Why are you being so weird about it?"

What? What the hell does that mean? I assume that means Arielle has a crush on me, and it immediately has me pursing my lips to suppress the smirk that's forcing my lips to curl upwards. She is being weird around me, but it must be to avoid developing some sort of feelings towards me.

"Zayn," Nyjah scolds as he steps into the hallway. He tsks, "Get away from the damn door."

"Fuck you." I'm about to stand my ground, when I hear quick footsteps towards the door so I duck and jog towards Nyjah. "Shit," I chuckle as I approach Nyjah with fear that the girls were about to learn that I was eavesdropping. I nonchalantly grab my beer from the countertop, putting it to my lips as I wait for them to come out of the room.

After a moment or two, the girls step out and it's obvious that they're both fuming mad. Nyjah interrupts the awkwardness by asking, "What was that all about?"

I eye up Arielle in her little shorts and her tank top. God dammit, why does she have to be so fucking fit? I want to push her up against the wall and run my hands up and down her body to peel that tight little shirt off her tantalizingly slow. When her eyes flicker from mine to my lips, I find it hard not to just dart across the space between us and live out my fantasy.