Eighty

Chapter Eighty

☠ Chapter Eighty ☠

ARIELLE'S POV

I'm startled awake by the fact that the doorbell is ringing incessantly throughout the house. It doesn't just ring once like any normal person would, it rings twice, and then three times, and by the fourth, I'm out of bed and grumbling under my breath as my sleepy body carries me towards the person I'm about to bitch slap.

Just as I'm nearing the door, the damn bell rings again and I curse before looking through the peephole. My breath catches when I notice the familiar silhouette and I immediately move to unlock it. Zayn's caramel eyes greet me as I fully open the door, standing with something in his arms and an adorable grin on his face.

"Hi, my love." He greets, giving me a once over where I stand in my pyjamas, still half asleep. Sky barks from where she stands on the opposite side of the leash Zayn holds in his hands, jumping at the sight of me, pulling against the restraint to say hello.

"What are you doing here, Zayn?" I mumble out, rubbing at my eyes with the backs of my hands in an attempt to adjust to the moonlight.

"I had to see you," he whispers, holding out his hand to give me the flowers he has. "These are for you." As I take them from him, it brings back a memory of when we fought and to apologize, he brought me flours as a joke. Fuck, he's so cute.

"Thank you," I reply, inhaling the scent. It's a big bouquet, and it honestly looks expensive since it's filled with a dozen white and red roses. But the thought of them is better than anything. I really haven't been one to be gifted many flowers in my lifetime.

"They say that red roses are given to convey heartfelt regret."

"They're beautiful," I tell him. A moment of silence succumbs us as he stands nervously on the other side of the threshold.

"Arielle, I had to come see you. I couldn't just apologize over the phone. I couldn't go to sleep without apologizing to you in person. I can't do that to you." He takes a step forward, looking at me sincerely. "May I come in?"

"Of course," I smile, taking a step back as he walks inside. But not without placing a hand on my hip and a gentle kiss on my cheek as he passes. As I close the door and turn the kitchen light on, Nyjah comes down the hall with dishevelled hair and a confused look.

"Everything alright here?" He asks, running a hand over his hair. He's wearing nothing but long pyjama bottoms as he looks between Zayn and myself. He gives Zayn a quick grin and a nod of his head before he looks at me.

How exactly did he not hear the many, many rings?

"Everything's fine, Nyjah. Go back to bed."

He gives us a final look before he turns around and heads back down the hallway. Zayn sits at the bar opposite me where I stand against the island, and he looks at me apologetically. He lets Sky off her leash, and she starts frantically sniffing around the house.