Chapter 7 - The Hunger Games

Comincia dall'inizio

'YES! I WON THE HUNGER GAMES!!!' Jerome squealed.

'Ya- Wait a second. Did any of you guys see the message saying who won?' Ty pointed out. 

Ilooked on my messages, found out no message was sent and wondered why. A glitch? The chat was filled with people saying 'What is going on' and 'Jerome won so what is going on here?'

'No... nothing like that dude,' Mitch said.

'Hang on,' Adam said as he opened up who died and who was still alive. We all waited for him to announce whether it was a glitch or not.

'Wait a flippin minute. It says DJ is still in!' Jason said in disbelief.

'No. She died coz Jerome killed her.' Jordan pointed out.

Suddenly, DJ burst out laughing.

'What's so funny, bro?' Ty asked.

'Jerome...look behind you.' She said still giggleing. 

We were all looking in the POV of Jerome when there was a faint name tag that said 'ToxicDJ'. 

'What the...? How are you still alive?' Jerome asks me.

'I broke the blocks and got rid of some of my inventory to trick you into thinking I died. I was basically hiding and during the deathmatch you guys were so focused on Jerome and Mitch you didn't see me go into the cave s and hide.' She explained.

Mitch shook his head disapprovingly. Jerome got back in the zone as DJ's character showed a diamond sword. Jerome got his out and DJ jumped down to have another one on one battle to find out who was better; Team Budder or Team HungryMUDKIPZ.

Everyone began cheering for Jerome to win as they began circling and fighting. It took three minutes of fighting until both of them were on one heart each. Chat messages began supporting Jerome and the odd one saying 'that other guy has no chance'. DJ whispered to herself 'I'm a girl' but only I heard it. Then DJ and Jerome began flailing their swords until one person became the victor. 'ToxicDJ from District 12 wins the Hunger Games' said the chat message.

'NO! Fluffy you lost to a girl!' Adam yelled at Jerome.

'NOOOOOOOO! How does that happen?' Jerome said.

DJ sat back in her chair and smiled, 'Team HuskyMUDKIPZ win.' She said.

Ty and Mitch both looked at each other before standing up at the same time. They walked innocently behind DJ with their arms behind their backs. She looked at them with confusion. Mitch leaned on the desks which only made DJ look at them more confused. Suddenly, Mitch grabbed ahold of DJ's legs and Ty grabbed her around the shoulders and they picked her up. 

'Hey! Let go! This is really awkward guys! Seriously two guys carrying a girl isn't common!' She said to them as she tried to break free.

Everyone began laughing as Ty and Mitch carried her through the house and stopped at the french doors leading to the garden. Jerome must have got the idea of what they were doing because he opened the doors. Ty walked out backwards so DJ couldn't see where she was being carried. They continued to carry her until the stood on the pavement that leads to something DJ isn't going to enjoy. We were all standing at the edge of the swimming pool. There were steps that you could walk down so you were at the level of the water but there was also a part where you could jump off into the water. And that is where we were. Ty moved round so DJ could finally see where she was and the leaned her over the edge so she could see the water. 

'NO! LET ME GO!' DJ shouted still trying to break free.

'Oh. You want us to let you go huh? I think we should let her go Ty, don't you?' Mitch said i a tone which basically told DJ she was going in the water.

'Definatly Mitch. On the count of three?' Ty replied.

'You got it.'

They began to swing her so when they let go she wouldn't hit the edge on accident. They counted down from five, each time swinging her higher in the air.

'5...4...3...2...1...' Counted Ty.

On one they let her go. She flew past the edge and began to fall down towards the water. And don't worry about her hitting the bottom, the water is over 1.5 meters deep. Everyone peered over the edge to watch her fall. Then everything happened in slow motion. As DJ fell, she said 'WOAH' nad reached up towards us as though we were gonna catch her. Instead, we ran down the steps just as she was going to hit the water and began laughing. She landed in the water with a splash. We all laughed until DJ didn't come up to the surface again. 

'Shouldn't she have come up by now?' I say, begining to get worried.

We all began discussing what to do when a roar came out form the water and two hands grabbed hold of Adam's and Ty's trouser legs, dragging them into the pool. Then we fell in like a domino effect. As Adam and Ty fell, they grabbed a hold of other people which continued the chain until all of us were in the pool. We all came to the surface and DJ looked angry. Then she burst our laughing, causing all of us to as well. We were all laughing as I swam to the side and sat on it. 

'Quentin! You are in your natural habitat!' Adam joked.

We all laughed. We spent another hour in the pool diving in and doing random things. Overhead the sky began going grey. I looked up and found a deep dark grey cloud gaining on the house fast.

'Guys...We should go in now.' I warn them.

'Ohhh...come on Quentin. Few more minutes?' Begged Adam like a little kid. 

I opened my mouth but I was stopped by a loud rumble of thunder, a flash of lightning and a sudden downfall of rain. We all climbed out the pool and ran into the house. The rain fell like a shower. You could hardly see three meters in front of you. Our clothes were dripping wet and we were all cold.

'Well...thanks for taking me swimming Ty and Mitch.' DJ said sarcastically.

'No problem!' Mitch said smiling.

JASON POV 

We went inside and locked the doors. Our hair was plastered to our faces and wherever we went a trail of drops landed on the floor. Mitch's house was warm but not warm enough to prevent the chill of the weather outside. Speaking of the weather, it changed in under a second. Weird. We stood around in the living room making rings of water drops around our feet. 

'What do we do now?' Adam asked, sorting out his hair.

'I guess we get changed into warm clothes.' Jordan said.

'Awesome. We have our suitcases down here anyways.' Ian said.

'Umm...Mitch? Mind if I borrow a shirt? Mine's kinda either in the wash or dripping wet.' DJ said as she gestured to herself and her dripping clothes.

I saw Mitch go slightly red as he answered, 'Sure. Be right back.' 

As he ran up the stairs, Ty began trying to sort out his hair back to it's normal state of covering his left eye. It was quite funny. Both Ty and DJ looked similar with their clothes sytle and their hair. The only difference was DJ's hair was a pitch black whereas Ty's was brown and DJ's covered her right eye rather than the left. A few minutes later, Mitch came back down the stairs in dry clothes (The same as he wore before) and he carried a set of clothes for DJ. Handing them to her, she said thanks before dashing upstairs to get changed in the bathroom. 

'Mitch? Why did you gve her a set of the SAME clothes you are wearing?' Jerome asks.

'What? First thing I grabbed dudes.' Mitch defended.

'What happened to the t-shirts you have?' Retaliates Jerome.

Mitch was going red and was running out of things to say.

'I...she... They would be far too loose on her! The white shirt is more skin tight anyways,' Mitch says.

I smirked at him but he didn't realise. We looked through the suitcases for our clothes and got changed. As I pulled down my shirt, DJ appreared at the top of the stairs in Mitch's clothes. God they looked so good on her. Wait, what? Snap out of it Jason. She joined us in the living room and we began talking about recording tomorrow.