"I don't need any cheering up, I am perfectly fine, see?" Ella says as she smiles and points at her forced smile. "And I know that I was stupid, but it doesn't matter anymore."

I suddenly imagined Shawn here, coming up with something that made Ella cheer up and would end up with this tense atmosphere, always being the person who brightens the day of the people around him. He would have been able to fill my heart with the warmth I felt was missing, the piece I felt he had taken with him. If he was here I wouldn't be feeling like how I was feeling. Empty.

When I had arrived home that day, I remembered it had been the first time I had cried with him gone. I hadn't until that point, trying to maintain as strong as I could, but as they always end up doing, my walls crumbled.

"Welcome, good afternoon! Wait... Shawn!" The middle aged woman that came up behind the desk said with a smile, as she recognized him.

"Yes, it's been a while, huh?" He asks smiling as brightly, happy to be back.

"Yes! And you are still getting taller! I always remember you coming here with your parents when you were shorter than me, or when you came here with your friends. Oh these kids... They grow up fast." She mumbles, getting kind of lost in her thoughts. The woman then turns to me, and not recognizing me, she asks, "and who have we got here? Is this pretty girl your girlfriend?"

"Actually yes, this is Sadie. She is visting me from South America." Shawn answers for me, his tone cheerful.

"Aww, you guys make a cute couple! I'm Jules. So I guess it's a table for two?"

She takes us to our table, which is a booth near the window. I liked it, as we could see the snow gently falling outside. I don't know what it was, but there is something about snow that is so mesmerizing. As I watch the snow fall gently from the pale sky, I suddenly drift off in my thoughts, my smile fading, all of the things that I always try so hard to keep at the back of my mind taking over.

"Sadie?" Shawn calls me, and snapping back to reality, I realize I probably was acting just like Shawn had back on that Family Night in New York. I turn to him, who is looking at me with amusement, a half smile playing along is lips.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I apologize, and realize that Jules is waiting for me to ask for something, probably a drink. I do so, and she leaves to go and get what we asked for.

"Are you okay? You were so cheerful until now, and suddenly you seem so distant." Shawn asks with concern, and takes one of my hands which was resting on the table in his. I smile at this act his, him showing me that he cares. But sometimes I wondered if this was good or bad. I wasn't worth it.

"Yes Shawn I'm okay, thank you. Just some things on my mind." I reply vaguely, shrugging in a way that would show him that the matter was not important.

"Princess, is it still about what we talked about yesterday?" He asks me, but unlike how he reacted yesterday which was laughing, he sounded and looked deadly serious. His grip on my hand was even stronger, in a reassuring way. "Sadie, you know I would never do that, I swear to god-"

"No Shawn, it's not that." I cut him, smiling at him reassuringly as I brought my free hand to his hands. "I believe in you ok?" It was true, that wasn't bothering me anymore. At least for the time being.

"Something more is bothering you. You didn't tell me everything." He insists, his eyes piercing mine so intensely that it made me weak on the inside.