Chapter XIII - Blue

((please help my story grow by voting and commenting))

Chapter XIII - Blue

[Dan&Ethan Apartment, Central London, 8:12 pm, TH 20/10/16]

ETHAN: (opens door) "Phil? Dan's not here."

PHIL: "Yes, I know. Can I come in?"

ETHAN: (confused, opens door wider) "Yeah, of course." (leads him into the living room) "Do you want anything to drink?"

PHIL: (sitting down on the sofa) "No, I just want to talk."

ETHAN: (sits down across from phil, nods) "Go ahead."

PHIL: "Well, you know how I promised I wouldn't give up on Dan?"

ETHAN: "Aw, Phil, please don't say it."

PHIL: "He's been avoiding me for like three weeks and when I asked him why, he wouldn't even tell me."

ETHAN: "Then what?"

PHIL: "Then I said I'd had enough and that I was leaving and he said if I left he wouldn't talk to me again."

ETHAN: (freezes) "Oh my God, Phil."

PHIL: "What?"

ETHAN: "Why didn't you come earlier?"

PHIL: "Because I didn't know what to do and I was thinking about everything."

ETHAN: "You left him."

PHIL: "Yeah, well he wa--"

ETHAN: "Phil, this is not good. This is so not good."

PHIL: "What? Why?"

ETHAN: "Ok, well, Dan doesn't like talking about this obviously, but I'm going to have to tell you."

PHIL: "Alright.."

ETHAN: "What do you know about his parents?"

PHIL: "Well I know they passed away. Nothing else, really."

ETHAN: "Right. Well, his dad was a drug dealer when he met his mum in London. When she became pregnant with Dan, they both decided to leave everything behind and move away. His dad's family somehow found out about the drug dealing and cut off all contact. Dan's mum's family couldn't believe she was marrying who they thought was an awful guy, so they also cut off contact."

PHIL: "That's terrible."

ETHAN: "They were happy when Dan was born, though, until his mum got pregnant again, but had a miscarriage. She became depressed and committed suicide. Dan found the body. His dad went back to drug dealing. Dan didn't really have a nice family life. But, he did have two best friends from school, me and Zack. Until Zack ended up getting stabbed in the school playground when we were 15."

PHIL: "Oh my God." (covers his mouth) "I'm so sorry."

ETHAN: (shakes his head sadly) "Dan and I both went a little crazy. He stole from his dad's drug stash and shared it with me. We used getting stoned as our coping mechanism. My parents found out and sent me to rehab."

PHIL: "So all Dan had was his dad."

ETHAN: "His dad remarried, but left the woman when she got pregnant. Then his dad got into a car crash and he also passed away."

PHIL: "Oh my God."

ETHAN: "His grandmother took care of him until he finished school. He stayed in Berkshire for a year after that, then he sold his house and all his parents belongings and came to live here with me. He always claims that everyone left him."

PHIL: "Oh. He mentioned that before. I didn't get it."

ETHAN: "But now you do. His mum, his dad, his unborn brother, Zack, any extended family, the woman his dad married, and me, I guess."

PHIL: "Wow, that's really..."

ETHAN: "Yeah. No one should have to lose that many people. That's why he gets touchy about people leaving him. That's why when he told you not to leave, you should have stayed."

PHIL: "Yeah, but how would I have known? That's not fair."

ETHAN: "You'd better find him and apologise."

PHIL: "He's avoiding me, remember?"

ETHAN: "Well, find a way to get him to forgive you."

[Dan&Ethan Apartment, Central London, 9:57 pm, TH 20/10/16]

ETHAN: (opens door) "Phil, back already? Where's Dan?"

PHIL: "I don't know. He's not at work so I was hoping he'd be here."

ETHAN: "He's not here. What have you been doing for the last hour?"

PHIL: "Looking for him! I can't find him!"

ETHAN: "Did you call him?"

PHIL: "Yes and I texted him but he's not answering."

ETHAN: "Sure he isn't at the club?"

PHIL: "Yes!"

ETHAN: "Ok, I'll call him." (walking into the living room, pulling his phone out, after a few minutes) "No answer."

PHIL: "Oh my God, I'm so stupid. What if he's done something stupid?"

ETHAN: "Go check at the club again. And call Lucas and Rhia and ask if they've seen him. I'm going to Joe's house, sometimes he likes to hang around there."

PHIL: "I'm an idiot. I can't believe this is happening again."

ETHAN: "Phil, go."

[Phone call between Phil and Ethan, 10:44 pm, TH 20/10/16]

PHIL: "Hello?"

ETHAN: "Yeah, hi, Phil."

PHIL: "Please tell me you found him?"

ETHAN: "He texted me."

PHIL: (lets out a sigh of relief) "What did he say?"

ETHAN: "He's on the roof of our building."

PHIL: (panicked again) "What?"

ETHAN: "No, not like that." (laughs) "He likes to go up there and think."

PHIL: "Oh, right. Do you think he'll talk to me?"

ETHAN: "I don't know. You might as well try."

PHIL: "Ok. I'll be there in about 20 minutes."

ETHAN: "I'm going to Jess' house. You guys have the flat to yourself. Don't be too loud, the neighbours are irritable."

PHIL: (fiercely blushing) "I don't think that will be a problem."

ETHAN: (laughs) "You never know."

**a/n yes i know this chapter was absolute shit and cringey and really short and i'm sorry. the next chapter is a bit better and should be up in about two minutes. lol they were both supposed to be up yesterday.

the last chapter got to 15 votes :) can this one too?**

💋Rachel