Chapter II - Bitter

((please help my story grow by voting and commenting))

Chapter II - Bitter

[Phil&Lucas Apartment, Central London, 6:52 pm, T 23/08/16]

PHIL: (throws down the controller, does a celebratory dance) "Hah, I won, yet again. I am an unstoppable force."

RHIA: "Oh piss off, I'm just tired from work, and the thought of going back tomorrow," (frowns) "not very appealing."

PHIL: "Don't be a sore loser, Rhia. The thought of going back isn't appealing for me either."

RHIA: (raises eyebrows) "Is it not?"

PHIL: "What do you mean?"

RHIA: "Aren't you excited to see Dan?"

PHIL: "Not really, what makes you think that?"

RHIA: "I don't know, something about the way you were clinging onto his every word yesterday."

PHIL: (blushing) "I was not!"

RHIA: "Phil, it was so obvious."

PHIL: "Ok, so I think he's interesting, what's wrong with that?"

RHIA: "Phil, I don't want you to get close to him, ok? I know we all have the same friendship circles and everything, but just avoid him, ok?"

PHIL: "Oh, um..."

RHIA: "What?" (panicked) "Phil, what did you do? I knew leaving you two alone was a bad idea."

PHIL: "I may or may not be planning to make him fall in love with me..."

RHIA: "Phil, please tell me you're joking."

PHIL: "I'm joking."

RHIA: (relieved) "Really?"

PHIL: (guilty) "No."

RHIA: (muttering) "Dear God, what the fuck did I do..." (sets down the controller, turns to Phil) "Ok, tell me exactly what happened and why you made that stupid-ass decision."

PHIL: (embarrassed) "So basically he tried to make a move on me or whatever. Like he touched my butt."

RHIA: (nods) "Go on."

PHIL: "So I told him I don't do friends with benefits because I'm scared someone will fall in love."

RHIA: (weary) "Okay."

PHIL: (embarrassed) "Then he started going on and on about how love isn't real, and soulmates don't exist. So I want to prove to him that that's not true. So we made a bet as to who would fall in love first."

RHIA: (shaking head) "And what does he get if he wins?"

PHIL: (meek, flushed red) "Sex."