(12)

Never trust your tongue when your heart is bitter.

||

Jungkook sat quietly as he watched Taehyung move around the room carelessly. He was cleaning up after a mess from one of his and Jimin's latest video game wars. In any other sense the actions would've been odd to Jungkook but he understood as Taehyung explained the anger Jin had last time they didn't clean up.

He didn't even want to imagine what an angry Jin would look like, seeing as how he was always so smiley and welcoming every time he had come over. It was a thought that interested Jungkook. All of them had been the same every time he had come over. 

None of them had gotten as worked up as Yoongi had and none of them had ever told Jungkook that he wasn't allowed to live, just like the rest of them. He was grateful for Miyun to have such amazing friends, and he was grateful to the other Jungkook who had found these people. 

He was sure if he had been created by anybody else he wouldn't have been able to become who he was now. The silence buried him as he sat quietly on the couch. He didn't know what to say as Taehyung continued to go on and on. 

There was no way he could start the conversation, not knowing how he would explain to Taehyung that he had said such terrible things to Miyun. Now that he had a clear head and he thought back to it, he didn't understand why he had reacted in such an angry way. 

Miyun hadn't done anything wrong. Sure she had talked to Yoongi, and that made something in him shift and he could feel the machinery getting hotter and hotter as he continued to think about it. 

The more he thought about it, the angrier he would get. He didn't know why the thought of the two of them together bugged him so much. It's not like he had any say in what Miyun did. She was still herself and she could make her own decisions.

Jungkook had no right to stop her. 

"Dude, are you even paying attention?" Taehyung asked. The sudden abruptness of his voice caused Jungkook to snap out of his thoughts and he quickly looked up at Taehyung. 

"Yeah." He muttered quietly. 

"So then what was I just saying?" Taehyung asked, placing his hands on his hips. Jungkook's eyes flashed and for a second he saw Miyun stood in front of him. The action was so like her and he felt the cinch in his chest. 

"I-I don't know." Jungkook stuttered. At the slip up, Taehyung instantly stopped what he was doing and approached Jungkook gently. 

"Are you alright Kook?" He asked. He placed his hand on the boys shoulder and bent down in front of him to make sure he was looking right in his eyes. Jungkook felt the tightening in his chest again, and he wasn't sure if it was because he was getting angry again or if it was something else. 

"I-I don't k-know." Jungkook's voice was shaky and that was what worried Taehyung most of all. He sat beside him quickly and started running his hand up and down Jungkook's back gently. The action seemed to calm him down a little bit, but not enough. 

Jungkook stayed quiet for a moment, his head falling into his hands. Taehyung did the only thing he could think of and continued to rub Jungkook's back. There was nothing else in that moment he could do to make him feel better. 

Asking what was wrong proved to be futile as Jungkook couldn't answer the simple question. Any time the question was asked, Jungkook would start to stutter and Taehyung recognized it as the computer part, trying to block out the feeling. 

Despite how good Jungkook had been doing recently, Taehyung had been suspecting that something like this would happen. It must have happened between him and Miyun, as she was the only one he had any emotional connection to.