(7)

And I'll just smile, and make believe I don't feel a thing. That doesn't work for me.

||

"So how did all of you meet?" Jungkook asked.

The question caused all of the people in the room to laugh slightly. It seemed the one question Jungkook was interested in getting an answer to was the funniest. He wasn't sure what was so amusing to the others but didn't question as Namjoon, as he had learned, spoke up.

"That's a long story." Namjoon said, the smile staying on his face as he stared at the boy sitting on the floor.

After Jungkook had gone to chat with Jimin in the bedroom Taehyung and himself managed to get the boy to come up. He wasn't happy at first but after the others started to joke around and he noticed Jungkook joining into conversations he was more than happy to be his excited self.

Yoongi still hadn't come out from the bedroom where he had stormed off to earlier but Jungkook wasn't worried about him. There was still the fact that he had been unnecessarily rude to Jimin earlier and he wasn't going to let that go so easily.

Jimin was currently curled up on the couch, still craving the physical comfort. He was rested against Taehyung with Hoseok on his other side. Everyone was very accommodating to Jimin's unconscious actions and that made Jungkook appreciate everyone a little bit more.

"We have time." Jungkook said causing everyone to look at him again. They were still so shocked by how Jungkook acted. It was as if he was the exact same person without even knowing it.

"Well," Jin began, "Namjoon-ah and I grew up together. It's strange to think that with the age difference between us we were still best friends. I can still remember how little and cute he was, following me around like a lost puppy. His mom would always tell me it was because he looked up to me."

"You were the one of the most popular people in high school." Namjoon countered, defending his actions. Jungkook smiled unconsciously as he listened to the two bitter.

"Anyways. When I on my last year of high school Namjoon-ah was just starting. I was so busy that year that I couldn't help him like I wanted to so I entrusted Yoongi to help him out. The two of them just hit it off right away and became good friends."

"And I was in a couple of Namjoon's classes and he ended up tutoring me cause I wasn't very good." Hoseok piped up, letting Jungkook know how he had ended up meeting them.

Jungkook was following along so far. Jin and Namjoon were old friends, while Yoongi was a friend Jin made in high school. Jin asked Yoongi to show Namjoon around because he was busy and they became friends. And Hoseok was just added into the mix through classes.

It made sense to him that these four would be friends. Jin must have stayed in contact once he graduated.

"Jin-hyung graduated and then a year after that--"

"Tae and I were enrolled." Jimin piped up excitedly, cutting Namjoon off. Namjoon just smiled and rolled his eyes at the boys excitable behaviour.

Everything fell into place around Jungkook and it all made sense. They were all such good friends. Each and every one of them. They had spent so long together, staying in contact even after high school and then moving into a dorm together.

They must have been really close. To be comfortable enough for the six of them to live together. There was an ache starting in the pit of Jungkook's stomach and he couldn't understand why the feeling was happening.