(3)

I wonder if you think of me.

||

Miyun looked down at the chip in her hand, feeling the presence behind her. It was suffocating in a way, to feel the heat coming from him. She knew it wasn't body heat. Jungkook didn't have blood flowing through him to create the heat underneath his skin.

It was the heat coming from the machine itself. The one that had taken over and been programmed with the tasks at hand. Everything that Miyun and Jungkook had wanted for themselves. She took a deep breath before breaking slightly.

"Jungkook!" Her yell caused him to back up slightly and stare down at her curiously. "Can you please go sit over there or something. I don't need you breathing down my neck."

He wasn't actually breathing. It was the air ventilation she had installed to make sure that the machine wouldn't overheat and melt from the inside.

"If that's what you want, Administrator." He said calmly. It irked her slightly how he only spoke with one tone, not bothering to differ at all.

That's what the chip she had created was supposed to do. But it had been fried and now she was stuck trying to fix it. The chip was meant to give Jungkook the semblance of emotions so he could at least sound like he cared instead of that monotone voice he had been using.

"I told you not to call me that, it's Miyun." She said, looking at him slightly from over her shoulder.

"But you programmed yourself in as the administrator. Therefore I must call you by what you are programmed." He said, causing the feeling of frustration to grow even more. She ran her hands through her hair again, hooking up the chip with wires to connect it to the computer. She couldn't insert it in fear that it would blow the system and everything would be lost.

"Administration password: BUTTERFLY. Code 1-9-9-7, change. Administrator name, back administrator, insert Miyun. Lock, password: BUTTERFLY." Miyun didn't even have to think as she said the words.

She watched as Jungkook's eyes changed to a vibrant blue, the same that had flowed through his veins as the electric impulses ran to the small control panel in his head. Flickers of light flashed in his eyes as the code re-wrote itself inside his head.

His eyes went back to the familiar brown she had missed, and stared back at her.

"Code 1-9-9-7 has been changed, Miyun." He said, her name know being spoken. It was nice to finally hear what her name sounded like rolling off his tongue. She took a small breath, before turning around and diverting her attention to the problem at hand.

He was wearing clothes now. They had dressed him before Miyun went back to working on the device. He had put on a white t-shirt and a pair of loose jeans like he had always worn before. The familiar pair of timberlands gracing his feet.

If it was her Jungkook, the one she had lost, she knew he would've approved. He wouldn't have worn anything else. She played with the wires a bit more, trying to get them to do what they were supposed to.

The wires were connecting to the chip with a little bit of a fight and sparks flew around. One caught her finger and she jumped, hissing in pain. She pulled her finger back and pulled it into her mouth, sucking gently at the burn.

She didn't notice as Jungkook jumped out of his chair on instinct and rushed over to her. He grabbed her hand from her mouth and looked down at it in worry. A look flickered across his face, that looked like worry before drawing back to it's standard set.

"Are you okay?" He asked, his tone still not changing.

"I'm fine. You can go sit down again."