(8)

When I'm really getting through. Make my voice brand new. I'll give it all to you. And I'll never speak again.

||

There was barely one second that night where Jungkook could stop thinking about everything everyone had told him. From Yoongi to Miyun, there was so much information that he had to process.

He didn't understand why Miyun hadn't told him anything about her depression. If she was going to be giving him his memories back, then she should've told him anyways. He had a right to know in the end.

But there was also Yoongi. The angry man who wanted nothing more than for Jungkook to shut down for good and never come back. To just stop doing what he was programmed too.

Everyone else seemed to be nice enough to Jungkook. Nobody was angry at him or upset, but there was still the feeling in his gut that he got that he didn't enjoy very much. He did as many checks as he could that night without the administration password.

The morning seemed to come to soon. Time disappearing around Jungkook as he continued to do as many checks and continued to think about everything. He wanted to know as much as possible but there was no one he could ask.

Before he knew it, everyone was coming out into the living room, dressed and ready to take Jungkook back to the lab where he had been created. To the place where he had awoken on that first day.

He tried to shrug off the feelings that were clinging to his spin, tried to focus on getting his shoes on and following everyone out the door. He didn't even notice as Taehyung and Jimin had taken ahold of his arms and dragged him into the backseat of the van with them. He was squished between the two and it wasn't until the car started that he noticed the absence.

"Is Yoongi-hyung staying at the dorm?" Jungkook asked.

"Yoongi never came home last night." Jin said from the front seat.

"We're guessing he stayed at the studio overnight. He was probably caught up in his latest project." Hoseok explained. Jungkook nodded before shifting his attention down to his hands.

He felt like it was his fault Yoongi had left. And he was pretty sure that it was. Yoongi hadn't hidden his anger towards him and he had made it very clear that he resented him. The way it made Jungkook feel was something that concerned him. He would ask Miyun about it when he saw her.

The boys around him talked and laughed just like they usually did and it calmed Jungkook slightly. It didn't completely make the feelings fade away, but enough that he could focus on what was happening around him.

He was sat in the back of the van between Taehyung and Jimin, while Hoseok sat in the seat in front of them. Jin was driving and Namjoon sat quietly beside him in the passenger seat. Everyone was talking again like they had been last night. They were cracking jokes and laughing.

The drive seemed to pass by before Jungkook could comprehend how far they had gotten. He recognized the street they were on, as the lab was only a couple minutes away.

He didn't know what he was going to do once he was with her again. He knew that her main goal at the moment was to program the chip and have it finished.  It was something Jungkook wanted to do as well, but there was something else inside him that made him question it.

The chip would only bring back memories that he didn't want to think about at the moment. He thought it was better that he didn't know about all the bad things that had happened. But there were also the good things. Like his friends, Miyun.

Jungkook could feel himself overhearing as the thoughts continued to pass through his head. Everything was becoming so confusing to him. He just needed to sit down for a while and shut off.