(1)

Never make someone your everything because once they are gone, you'll have nothing.

||

His hands graced across the smooth expanse of her collarbones. She remembered the feeling of him next to her, basking in the warmth of the sun coming in through the window.

Time seemed to stopped for the pair as they laid in bed together. His hair fell into his eyes, blurring his vision of her. The golden glow around her reminding him of an angel, one he would only see in his dreams.

Jungkook looked down at the girl, not knowing that soon he would never get to see her again. He was oblivious to what would happen in a couple of hours, instead basking in the comforting silence around them.

He didn't have to say anything for her to understand that this is where he wanted to be. Not in the busy classes where he would sit for hours, trying to gain an education to get the job of his dreams. But here in the early morning beside her, listening to the sound of sleep filled breaths and watching her chest rise and fall with the motions.

His hands trailed across the sheets and she stared as they made their way across her body. He was naming the different bones and muscles sitting beneath her skin, reminding them both why they were here.

Her, because she wanted nothing more than to finally be with the man of her dreams, while getting to do the one thing she loved the most.

Him, because he wanted to always be with her and do something that would help not only her, but everyone. They had promised forever, and this was only the beginning to the very short journey they had in front of them.

His want to help people was what made her fall in love with him. He wanted to become a doctor, to help cure diseases and bring an end to things that hurt too many people. She was willing to help him achieve his dreams by being the one who tested different things, to find something that would be the start to a change.

Together they would be unstoppable.

A duo that none had ever seen before.

Their hands found each other and they didn't hesitate to intertwine their fingers together. The comforting feel of his thumb rubbing against the tense muscles in her hand. They instantly relaxed at his touch, making her smile as she looked over at him.

He leaned forward in that moment catching her lips with his. The reminder that time was not one of their main concerns at the moment graced through each of their minds, causing both to smile into the kiss.

Jungkook could remember the exact day he had fallen in love with her. He could count each and every reason out on the stars, but he feared he would run out of stars.

He stared into her eyes, watching the way she smiled back at him, running her hands gently through his hair. He leaned into the touch and closed his eyes slightly, basking in the moment.

This was the only time they had together, and he was going to make the most of it. The less they did together, the more he fell in love.

The only thing he ever needed from her in order to fall utterly and completely in love with her was the knowledge that these moments would last forever. For now they would be measured by the shortness of hours, minutes, and seconds, but forever they would be in his memories.

He would have never imagined what was coming next.

Could never grasp the concept that forever could be so long, yet cut so short for the two of them. He couldn't bare even thinking about the inevitable for it would never happen.