Chapter2~ Neverland

Neverland! I've always dreamed about going to Neverland I'd heard rumors about its existence but they'd never been proven to be true but I'd always believed because when you're as poor as Mama and I were you have to have something to believe in or else you'd lose hope of it getting any better and as soon as you lose hope you give up and if you give up you'd surely die. It's like what Mama always said "You gotta laugh or you'll cry."

        I turned to my father "So is it true to get to Neverland you have to fly!?"

        He nodded "We have a magic sail that we've sewn pixie dust into that helps us fly" he pointed to the sky that was now getting darker "the second star to the right and straight on till morning." I looked at the sky in wonder as the stars one by one came out to say hello.

        "You hear that Kia?" I said to my hawk friend "the second star to the right" I pointed with my finger to show him "and straight on till morning. You know what that means? We get to fly!" he cawed fluttering his wings a bit before landing back on my arm and nudging his head under my neck playfully nipping at my hair. I laughed "I love you too."

        "So" one of the crew members said walking up to me "You's Smee's little girl eh?"

        "Yes that would be me." I said politely I didn't know exactly what I was up against if he were to attack me.

        "Oh so you's a lady huh?" he laughed while I seethed inside I was not a lady nor did I ever want to be I was a tomboy I'd excepted it so why couldn't everyone else do the same?

        "Sir I'm far from a lady." I said to him. He laughed again and I sighed and saw my father beckoning to me out of the corner of my eye. Really father? I was just going to kick some butt! "I will prove it to you but not now my father is call for me." Then I ran to go and see what he wanted. "Yes father?" I asked.

        "I wanted you to first hold on tight." I nodded grabbing the side of the ship "And I also wanted you to see this." We'd sailed far enough away from land that it was just a speck in the distance.

        And then I heard the captain yell "Raise the Pixie sail!" a few crew members did so and the ship lurched forward and began to rise Kia began to caw excitedly but I hushed him.

        "Shh do you want to get kicked off this ship now stay on my arm I can't lose you you're my only piece of normalcy I have left." He shut up and we both watched in awe as the ship flew through the sky and suddenly we were surrounded by a rainbow of color that looked almost like a kaleidoscope of sorts and soon Neverland came in to view it was beautiful. The water sparkled in the light of the sunset making rainbows here and there it was truly breath taking. "Wow" was all I could say.

        "She's a beauty isn't she." The Captain commented after seeing my surprised face. "Good thing that you'll get a good view from the ship while you swab the deck." he said while one of the crew members smugly shoved me a bucket of soapy water and a scrub brush. I sighed looks like I'll be working from the bottom of the food chain on up. I dunked the scrub brush in the water and began to scrub the deck harshly as everyone headed to bed.

        "Do you want me help you?" My father asked.

        I shook my head "No I can do it you look tired go to bed I'll see you in morning. Plus if you helped me the captain might think that I can't do my share of work without help and I want to prove myself useful." He nodded fully aware of my determination to get things done mother had, had the same determination as I so he knew that he couldn't convince me otherwise. "Good night" he said and then turned to leave.

        "Night dad." I said probably too softly for him to hear.